Do you guys hear a surging sound?

When accelerating with my 2014 Superb2 Combi/Estate 2.0TDI 170hp 4x4 I hear like a surging sound coming from the left side front (LHD), is it maybe the turbo or a dump valve or something similar, dunno if it should be like that but it kinda annoys me..

Edited by scootie

When accelerating with my 2014 Superb2 Combi/Estate 2.0TDI 170hp 4x4 I hear like a surging sound coming from the left side front (LHD), is it maybe the turbo or a dump valve or something similar, dunno if it should be like that but it kinda annoys me..

Do you have the left hand window open when you hear the noise?  The turbo will certainly making a surging or a 'whooshing' sound when you accelerate, especially on lower gears.  It does indeed sound like a dump valve, especially on more narrow enclosed country roads, if you have the windows down .  This is normal from my experience.  It is more noticeable on the 170 as there is obviously more power - slightly different configuration with the turbo, injectors etc compared to the 140 for example.  I actually like it as it makes the car sound powerful without sounding 'boy-racer' ish.  I presume this is what you're hearing but it could always be something else - is there any loss of power, other knocking sounds from the suspension?

Do you have the left hand window open when you hear the noise?  The turbo will certainly making a surging or a 'whooshing' sound when you accelerate, especially on lower gears.  It does indeed sound like a dump valve, especially on more narrow enclosed country roads, if you have the windows down .  This is normal from my experience.  It is more noticeable on the 170 as there is obviously more power - slightly different configuration with the turbo, injectors etc compared to the 140 for example.  I actually like it as it makes the car sound powerful without sounding 'boy-racer' ish.  I presume this is what you're hearing but it could always be something else - is there any loss of power, other knocking sounds from the suspension?

Nope, I heard it when driving with the windows up, it seems to be more noticeable when accelerating on lower rpms but you can hear it very well while driving on the highway. No loss of power or knocking sounds no, what could that be if so?

Nope, I heard it when driving with the windows up, it seems to be more noticeable when accelerating on lower rpms but you can hear it very well while driving on the highway. No loss of power or knocking sounds no, what could that be if so?

I still hear that noise with the windows up although not as noticeable.  Mine is FWD so don't have experience of the 4x4 system but I'm just wondering if it could be connected with the haldex system??  I'm sure there are others that have direct experience of a 4x4 version that may be able to comment.  Also, a loose manifold possibly?