Symphony radio manual tuning mode

Hi, trying to set radio to permanent manual tuning to use a FM Transmitter but it keeps going off to scan mode. Can set the frequency in manual mode OK but it doesn't stay in manual mode. Doesn't seem to like not seeing a radio station. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks for feedback. Yes, that seemed the obvious thing to do, select manual, select frequency to match fm tx and store on a preset. But after a couple of minutes it still goes to auto scan. Maybe its to do with being in a generally poor signal area. I'm going out tomorrow so I'll see if that changes things.

It should not go into auto scan while listening to to your preset external transmitter unless the signal gets weak for some reason, such as being too far away and passengers moving around.

I can't remember from when I had mine, but look in the menu and see if you can turn off RDS to stop it trying to find a stronger version of your transmission.