window wiper fuse

Hello,

My front window wiper suddenly decided to stop working today. I don't know if its linked but I was using them fine and then I used the screen wash and the wipers stopped working after that??!?

I opened up the fuse box and found that number 15 had blown. I temporarily replaced number 15 with number 4 (and then switched them back) and the window wipers started working. Hurrah!

However the screen wash did not work for some reason?? It's not even attempting to pump anything out like would happen if it was just simply empty.

Is there another fuse I need to check?

I've topped up the screenwash with a litre of water. There's no obvious leak anywhere?

Any other thoughts about what might be going on?

Thanks,

James

Probably, yes.  Test the motor by unplugging and measuring resistance across its pins, high resistance might indicate a burnt out winding.  Access by undoing the front few fixings (or the whole lot) of the wheel arch liner on left/near side:

100_1124_zpsfa613492.jpg

• 4 weeks later...