Kodiaq Lease deals

aldouk

12 hours ago, chris1012 said:

Right so after speaking to a few dealers and not getting anywhere close to my budget, My Dealer is looking to provide me the following -

Edition 1.4TSI 150 DSG (7 Seat) 2WD
36 Months (3+35) 10kpa £400 inc VAT per month

includes - 
·  ISOFIX on front passenger seat
·  Electric child safety lock with rear window roller blinds
·  Media Command
·  Park assist

I am kicking myself as in January I would have probably paid around the £300 a month inc VAT for the same as above.

Should I bite the bullet and go for it?

Only you can answer this question.

I looked the Edition spec list and honestly didn't crave anything that the SEL didn't have.

The media/internet/infotainment stuff leaves me cold (it's a car for crying out loud) and I totally regret choosing park assist on a previous vehicle.

Today I manually child-locked a rear door, but then I don't have to do that very often

I'd consider dialling the spec down a bit to something cheaper, i.e. better value for money.

• Like 2

I'm after a 2.0 TSI SEL 4x4 DSG with Leather and Metallic paint with 8k miles per year.

Epsom dealer has offered me 6+35 at £380

Anything better out there?  Would happily pay a bit more up front initially.

Thanks

• Administrators

@hutch I've posed the question :)

Two things to consider, metallic paint isn't free anymore, not all quotes reflect this. So take advantage and press or accept a solid colour. I believe more up front works out slightly better, interest stuff, either way the total cost is the key thing.

I ordered last Thursday. 2.0 TSI 180 Edition 7 Seat DSG 4x4, Moon White, Panoramic Sunroof and 19" Sirius Alloys.

£10.500 Offered part-ex for my 63 Plate L&K manual Yeti (32,000 miles), then £302.41 per month PCP. I was told it would be a 3-4month lead-in to delivery (beats the 9 months gestation period for my first 61 Plate Yeti!) I had a test Drive of around 5 miles on Thursday, felt pretty good, although would have preferred to have it for a day or two!

On 10/04/2017 at 18:38, Dr Zoidberg said:

Are you expecting to keep it at the end of the three years, as that's a huge deposit to be putting down if not.

Sorry for the delay in responding.

poss I will keep, but unsure atm because of the way things are going with the deisel/petrol/electric. Went back to the dealership this morning to clarify the order as there were several items that came across as 'included' in the catalogue available, but are in fact 'extras'. The dealers have limited info it seems, and only had their first demonstrator delivered on the day I had the test drive. I found more info online using the configuration than at the dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still waiting for the dealer to forward the Build Week, promised 2 weeks ago (last time I phoned in for it I was given the stock answer "the system is down"), does anyone know if I can get it from another source - I have an order number, that's all.

14 hours ago, bal said:

I'm still waiting for the dealer to forward the Build Week, promised 2 weeks ago (last time I phoned in for it I was given the stock answer "the system is down"), does anyone know if I can get it from another source - I have an order number, that's all.

I would be keen to know of alternative methods of getting the build status as well.

It has been 4 weeks since I ordered and the only thing my dealer could tell me, via email, after chasing him over 5 times in 2 weeks, was that it would arrive end of June/early July...

Ask your dealer for the status code.

Status
00 - Without Production Week
10 - With Production Week
20 - With Production Order
30 - In Transit From Factory
36 - In Port of Exit not Released
38 - In Port of Exit Released
39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
60 - In Transit to Dealer
70 - At Dealer

5 minutes ago, bigboss said:

Ask your dealer for the status code.

Status
00 - Without Production Week
10 - With Production Week
20 - With Production Order
30 - In Transit From Factory
36 - In Port of Exit not Released
38 - In Port of Exit Released
39 - Vehicle Shipped
40 - UK Port
60 - In Transit to Dealer
70 - At Dealer

Just sent another email to request the build status and week...

Had a response today - 

"unconfirmed build week of 24 (w/c 12/06/2017) and I would estimate delivery beginning of July."

No status code given even though requested, however with the above is it still necessary?

Just checked on here with my order number - http://www.trackmyskoda.co.uk/

'Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.'

Edited by chris1012

Thanks for the status table, bigboss. I forwarded it to the dealer yesterday with a further request for information, and was sent the following reply:

<<Hi Barry,

My apologies in the delay in coming back to you it has been incredibly busy! Your car is scheduled for build week 29 meaning it will be arriving in August. T6he car is at Status 10. >>

This is for an order placed on 9 April, with an estimate of 12-14 weeks wait. So at a probable 16 + weeks, it already has shades of extended delivery time, as happened with my first Yeti. That began with a promised 3 month, and ended after a 9 month wait. I was kept updated regularly by that dealer, with the excuses ranging from a heavier than expected order book to problems with the panoramic roof supplier, allegedly being unable to cope with the demand. At 74, my clock is running down............hope I get it early enough to enjoy......!! Hey, ho, my second L&K Yeti, at 3 yrs old, is still an excellent bus, and but for the introduction of the Kodiaq I'd probably be waiting for the next generation Yeti.

as an afterthought, maybe the wait would have been shorter if I'd opted for the 2.0 Diesel, rather than the 1.8 petrol?

• Like 1

• Administrators

@bal the feedback I had a while ago was in the initial slug of orders, diesel were going through quicker. No idea why I thought the line to be modular, perhaps fuel systems have to be done in batches...

Unless you can change time then there is for your benefit, no difference ;) I'd be happier with the petrol and a wait. I'd be happier to wait and have a quality product, over a rushed 6pm friday build too.

The dealers have to improve on comms, not all are the same. In this age expectations are higher for clear communications. Ironically estate agents in my experience are even more cagey, perhaps it's related to $$ spent ;)

• 2 months later...

Got call from dealer informing that my Edition is on the continent at BW38, awaiting delivery to a U.K. Port. It's 16 weeks since order placed. Somehow, with the long wait and recent news concerning the continuing hounding of motorists who haven't joined the 'clean' brigade, the magic seems to have faded somewhat............I hope it lifts me when I collect......

On 16/12/2016 at 22:53, BoxerBoy said:

But have you seen how much to put an F Pace on your drive?

I wouldn't have an F Pace on my drive at any price thank you.