CCM Coding

Hi Guys,

Not necessarily specific to the Superb, but I'm a little confused as to the CCM module in the car. I've recently bought the car and replaced the CCM due to usual water ingress etc. Does it or does it not need coding? I'm still having issues with the central locking not working at all (all doors lock/unlock perfectly every time on the rocker switch  (or at least they do after having to smash out the lock on the n/s/r door, as it was deadlocked shut when I bought it!)), interior lights never illuminating etc. I'm hoping it does need coding because otherwise I feel I've got a big headache with electrical fault diagnoses coming on.

Any help greatly appreciated. If anyone in the North East is able to code a new one (if applicable) please let me know/give me a price.

Thanks

Dave

I am in Darlington and could take a look at it for you. I have VCDS. Not highly clued up but have always done my own coding/retrofitting. Was it a second hand CCM? I would say that maybe it would need coding to the specifics of the vehicle. Maybe some one else can confirm this.

If the CCM has been damaged by water, then the wiring (specifically the joints within the wiring bundle) almost certainly will be too.

Here is a t

hread to give you some ideas:  http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/152490-water-ingress-problemsolved/

Happy reading....when corroded these joints will give problems with central locking, puddle lightsand most other CCM circuits. 

• Like 1

Thanks both, v.helpful.

I've actually already done the water ingress fix and nothing else *fingers crossed* seems to have been affected. The terminals at least, didn't appear to be corroded but I appreciate if it's been carrying a current it could have corroded the wiring in that loom so it's probably worth looking in to now you mention it.

gazpot0111645 - that would be very helpful mate, I do have access to VCDS via a mate, haven't scanned it yet but he doesn't really know what would need to be done in terms of a code? I'll PM you

If anyone else has any ideas on coding it, that'd be great. 

Thanks again

Dave