Smartlink help please

Thatchdht

Help needed had smart link activated yesterday but I can't get phone to connect I've tried my Microsoft lumia and a old Samsung Galaxy but following directions from manual wi if direct does not pick up the smart gate for me to pair does anyone know what I'm doing wrong also since activation the clock changes every time I turn off the ignition don't want to go back to dealer if it's some thing easy

Thanks Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Smart link doesn't seem to work even with my Nexus 5 , Moto x Play, samsung Note 5.

I've tried with all these phones.

I also have an iPhone 6 which connects seamlessly!

Looks like there is more hacking needed to get Andriod phones working.

I remember reading that HTC M8 is the only andriod phone that works! 

• 2 weeks later...

Help needed had smart link activated yesterday but I can't get phone to connect I've tried my Microsoft lumia and a old Samsung Galaxy but following directions from manual wi if direct does not pick up the smart gate for me to pair does anyone know what I'm doing wrong also since activation the clock changes every time I turn off the ignition don't want to go back to dealer if it's some thing easy

Thanks Dave

Did you get smartgate and smartlink? They were different options when I bought smartlink, so I don't have smartgate.

Smartlink does not support wifi direct, it has to be a USB connection. Smartlink (Android Auto on Android) requires a phone with Android 5.0 (Marshmallow) and Android Auto installed. It works with my up-to-date Galaxy S5, for example, after installing Android Auto.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had my car a week 2016 vrs. . Originally mine wouldn't connect with the original usb lead but would charge fine. I changed the lead over and it worked fine. I use a Vodafone smart ultra 6 which is a budget smart phone. this feature was already in the car.

Edited by arnold