Guide : How to fit Leon front splitter

Phill JK

Thanks for that. Did you follow the guide to the letter or do anything differently? Also did you jack the car up as I don't have access to a ramp.

I used a jack, because I fitted it using self tapping screws into small (2mm) pilot holes, and couldn't get the drill in without the jack. I used a dremel to cut off all the clip-in tabs and trim the ends where it meets the wheelarch, I also found that I didn't need to cut slits in it, it seems to bend enough without. However, I would recommend using more than a couple of screws, I put about 5 in each side, plus the two in the middle. Other than that, much like the guide.

• 4 weeks later...

I had my splitter fitted yesterday and thought taking the bumper off would be make life easier.

Also had some holes cut in the bumper for the lugs on the centre part as this offered a neater and more OEM look and finish. Also heated the end bits so they could be manipulated to follow the slight change in angle on the bumper by the "funny front mud flap type things"!

I think this mod looks much better in the flesh than any pics. Very pleased with the results. Should have taken my camera to show the different approach

I had my splitter fitted yesterday and thought taking the bumper off would be make life easier.

Also had some holes cut in the bumper for the lugs on the centre part as this offered a neater and more OEM look and finish. Also heated the end bits so they could be manipulated to follow the slight change in angle on the bumper by the "funny front mud flap type things"!

I think this mod looks much better in the flesh than any pics. Very pleased with the results. Should have taken my camera to show the different approach

Have you got any pictures of the diferent approach?

• 2 weeks later...
I know its taken a while. Here is the end result. I tried to a few of the holes where the lugs fit in but didn't come out too well - stupid nokia camera.

I'll have another try tomorrow!

Is that the Milotec grille? I'm still waiting for mine to turn up! Was ordered on 10th Feb... :mad:

Yep is milotec, I didn't buy direct though. Had it for about 2 years (had it on my old fabia as well)

Didn't buy mine direct either, tried to, but Milotec directed me to Road and Sport Developments. Wish they hadn't in retrospect. Took my money straight away, I chased them about a fortnight ago, took 3 emails to get an answer, which was that they were waiting on stock. No apology for the delay. Chased them three more times since, only got an answer twice, again waiting on stock, and no apology for the delay. Will be one month tomorrow that they took my cash but I'm told vaguely to expect delivery "some time next week" assuming the stock comes in. Won't be using them again.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick question,

Am i likely to drill through/ screw through anything when doing the pilot holes for the fixing screws to hold the splitter in place? Is there any wires/ pipes that run along the bottom of the bumper? I take it the intercooler in front of the wheel arch is out of the way?

Just a quick question' date='

Am i likely to drill through/ screw through anything when doing the pilot holes for the fixing screws to hold the splitter in place? Is there any wires/ pipes that run along the bottom of the bumper? I take it the intercooler in front of the wheel arch is out of the way?[/quote']

I don't think there's anything vital down there - just use a small drill and don't use force, the bumper is pretty soft plastic anyway so a drill bit goes through it like butter. I only drilled about 2.5mm pilot holes for mine, and used screws that were about 15-20mm long, and they did the job fine.

Just a quick question' date='

Am i likely to drill through/ screw through anything when doing the pilot holes for the fixing screws to hold the splitter in place? Is there any wires/ pipes that run along the bottom of the bumper? I take it the intercooler in front of the wheel arch is out of the way?[/quote']

And no, you'll be going a bit off track if you're drilling anywhere near the intercooler! :D

• 6 months later...
excellent, no car yet but the modding has begun!!!! good lad!!

I know, it takes the p1ss, I ordered it ages ago. Phoned up today and apparently a car in the citroen sales room at the same dealership caught fire, so my delivery has been delayed!!:(

Still no harm in getting the mods ready eh?:D

Well caught the vRS bug, all my mates/work mates and family are taking the p!ss but who give a sh!t:P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...