Guide : How to fit Leon front splitter

Phill JK

This might be a daft question but.......

To fit the splitter onto the car do you have to remove the small mud flaps in front of the wheels???

It's just i'm sure in the past someone said you had to remove them but i couldn't see mention of it in this thread. I'm thinking of going ahead with this mod and wanted to know before going ahead with it.

Cheers

Dave.

This might be a daft question but.......

To fit the splitter onto the car do you have to remove the small mud flaps in front of the wheels???

It's just i'm sure in the past someone said you had to remove them but i couldn't see mention of it in this thread. I'm thinking of going ahead with this mod and wanted to know before going ahead with it.

Cheers

Dave.

In a word, No

Just trim the splitter a couple of mm either end.

Splitter cost me £20.72 a couple weeks back. As mods go this ones a cheapy:thumbup:

In a word, No

Just trim the splitter a couple of mm either end.

Splitter cost me £20.72 a couple weeks back. As mods go this ones a cheapy:thumbup:

Cheers for that matey. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Just ordered mine with the local Seat dealer.... £20 and a few pence and should be here by Wednesday..... I've got a week & half off work coming up in a few weeks so will probably fit it then.

Cheers

Dave.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well i've finally got round to doing something with my splitter that i've had a good couple of months now!!!!! I've cut the top off the two support struts in the middle and filed them down..... Now all the way around the splitter where it fits up to the bumper there are lots of what look like small clips..... Do i remove / sand down all these too or does it go on with these in place???

I've taken a picture showing the bits i mean.....

04022008385.jpg

Sorry to resurrect this thread AGAIN..... :o

Cheers

Dave.

Cheers fella. :thumbup:

I bought the self tappers for it when i got the splitter but can't bloody find 'em now!!!! :mad: I'm on nights till Thursday morning so tomorrow when i get up i'll look for the screws and if not go and get some more..... I'll also file down / off the clips etc.... then hopefully have a go at fitting it when i get up Wednesday afternoon as the weather says it's looking nice for Wednesday. ;)

Cheers

Dave.

Another tip for fitting: Remove the fog-light surrounds. And use electrical insulating tape (Gives the tape a larger surface area to grip) to hold the splitter in place until you get the first couple of screws in

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Can anyone post more pics of the splitter on a Fabia , but non-RS bumper ( i'm interested to Fabia 1 face-lift bumper ) ???

Fitted mine yesterday to a mark 1. Ill put some pics on shortly, just hoovering her at the mo.

Edit: As promised

not sure if its too banana shaped in the middle so might take a couple off mm's off it. Otherwise looks quite nice IMO. Took about an hour to fit, and was easier than expected.

P2220104-1.jpg

P2220114.jpg

Edited by PEMBO

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just like to say thanks for this thread fitted mine on my yellow fabby on the weekend looks wicked really adds to the cars looks will put some pics up as soon as i get my software to work lol cheers chaps :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi sorry to resurrect an old thread.. but just been bought the splitter for my birthday of the missus and gonna try and fit it asap. Is it best to start screwing it in from the middle working outwords.. or start at one end? Is it gonna be a major headache to do without jacking the car up or getting it on the ramps? Just gon't wanna mess up my first mod!!

Cheers

Marc

• 1 month later...

Cheers for the guide, helpful to have the part numbers and a little guidance.

These front splitters happen to fit Mk1 Superbs too and help combat that "chinless wonder" look they suffer from. Click my sig if you want to take a look.

Edited by allclownsareevi

• 6 months later...