Bedford Autodrome GT 2/12/16

pip_vrs

Sounds awesome and I'd definately like to go...

Do you use your main car? I worry that I will knacker the engine and then have no motor :dull:

I have a specific 'track car' so when it breaks I'm not too fussed. (as long as I can drive home :P )

But all the others that are hopefully coming will probably be using their main cars.

It's not like you will be thrashing it around all day, I do 15-20 min sessions with probably 30 mins in between to let the car have a breather. The good thing about a few of us who are on the forum going means you can get passenger laps to fill the gaps, so its like your out there all the time.

You don't have to thrash it either, it's a good experience just to be out there.

• Like 1

Sounds awesome and I'd definately like to go...

Do you use your main car? I worry that I will knacker the engine and then have no motor :dull:

Like pip said, basically take it easy and just enjoy the day. Bedford is very good for run offs, there really isn't a massive amount to hit if you had a dodgy moment. And from my experience the driving standards at bedford and the control from the marshalls is very good.

But it goes without saying if someone is being a t*t let them pass, come in for a lap or so and go back out and avoid them. Bedford is such a large track you really don't get too much traffic at all.

If you get any issues with your car and it's fixable, there is also someone with tools and whatnot and someone willing to give a hand, I should know from when I had boost pipe issues, I spent more of the track day under the car than I did on track, but everyone was kind enough to help out etc where possible.

My whole winter is up in the air as not sure if the mongrel is being gutted / engine rebuild yet.  So I'd better not.

Well I planned to strip the Fabia down, but fancy Bedford again. Hopefully in the rain.

Then i'll have December and January to do what I need to the car for next years antics.

I did a couple sessions at coombe with you guys back in spring and loved it want to do another but never got round to it and a bit scared to be on track with a bunch of idiots (on random trackdays)

Edited by R1CH360

I did a couple sessions at coombe with you guys back in spring and loved it want to do another but never got round to it and a bit scared to be on track with a bunch of idiots (on random trackdays)

Bedford is good because it's such a wide track so there is room for the idiots to overtake :) but I've never had a problem at Bedford and have been I think 3 or 4 times now