Rear end riding low when towing caravan

harrykins

You could try rubber spring assisters or upgrading the rear springs. There are some old threads on Briskoda.

What is the nose weight of your caravan?[/

Already got assisters nose weight 80kgs

You could try rubber spring assisters or upgrading the rear springs. There are some old threads on Briskoda.

What is the nose weight of your caravan?

What is the nose weight of your caravan?

Any idea where to look for old threads ?

I'm not sure if the estate has stiffer springs, you could maybe look into that? Mine seems solid as a rock at the back.

Have you done a lot of towing with the car? could the springs have sagged a bit?

Is it definitely the springs that are the problem and not that the tow bar is mounted low down?

I'm not sure if the estate has stiffer springs, you could maybe look into that? Mine seems solid as a rock at the back.

Have you done a lot of towing with the car? could the springs have sagged a bit?

Is it definitely the springs that are the problem and not that the tow bar is mounted low down?

Towbar is a removable one so don't think it can be set wrong

• Administrators

ame="harrykins" post="4718187" timestamp="1474653075"]

Any idea where to look for old threads ?

Go right to the top of the page, any page will do.

There is a search with a magnify glass icon. Cick this, it will take you to google site search, this goes back in time and works just like google so you can be very specific or more targetted at least.l

It's a generic towing problem, so e will be solutions for older octavia's and superbs that might cross over.

My son and I both tow caravans, sons is the twindoor, mine Is the estate. We have both fitted auxiliary coil spring assistors from Grayston, This is the link

http://www.springassisters.co.uk/menu.htm

click the link on the left hand side for  AUXILIARY COIL SPRING ASSISTERS, they cost around £85 and do the job perfectly. I can not recommend them highly enough. They do the same job as the MAD spring assistors at a much cheaper price, they are simple to fit if you are a little handy with full instructions supplied. Took about 45 mins to fit both sides

Hope that helps

Ray

Edited by Blackray

I had rear springs changed year ago as a result of towing.

There are stiffer springs for Skodas available, called something rough road springs. Total two springs plus changing at official dealer did cost ridiculous 170 euros.

Just towed the caravan back from Corsica, the back end was slightly low but that could have been the 100 bottles of Corsican wine in the back! I run my van with a 70kg noseweight and it is more or less level even with stuff in the back of the car,its an estate by the way if your car is sitting low on the springs with that sort of weight the springs may be worn. 

Nose weight is 75K max on the tow ball, get a set of bathroom scales and a length of broom handle, place broom handle under van hitch, and place scales under, lower van with all legs up. down with the jockey wheel until its clear of the ground and read the scales, if over 75K move stuff to the rear of the van, not forgetting if you have an awning place it on the floor over the van axels

Edited by skippy41