Interior upgrade.

My 55 plate abiente FSi passed its MOT today, just a couple of advisories on corrosion on the rear axle beam and a lower arm.

Now I need to sort out the mess inside the car, the interior has been destroyed by a careless smoker who didn't do cleaning. the seats are peppered with holes as is the carpet the front door cards and even the headlining!!!!

I have some headlining material on hand so that is OK, but the seats, cards and carpet are a bigger issue. Im hoping to source a carpet, door cards and load cover from either eBay or a breakers yard - despite working in one myself we have never had one of these in - The Seats are where I have open options, Id like leather, but apart from VRS part leathers, Im wondering what other options there are? I believe the car shares a common platform with the A3 and Leon of the same era, so has anyone fitted those seats? I'm just trying to give myself a chance of finding something decent. I have a spinal condition so good seating is important to me.

Anyone have any useful input of this?

Personally, found the vRS seats uncomfortable, too tight, which is part of the reason I went for the L&K. Part leather, part alcantara. They look much classier than that childish pepperpot looking affair in the vRS as well. ;)

L&K very nice...  Im hoping to source seats locally so my options are rather limited Rural area and all that - My friends always assume that working in a breakers yard is great for car parts... well it is... assuming the right cars turn up...  the mixed blessing of the Octavia is that we see very few of them - possibly due to the reliability of them, along with VW's and Audis... Hence my looking at all the options, the price of scrap being depressed (it fell again this week) means that cars are not worth so much for scrap - but if one turns up with suitable seats Ive told the boss to add a premium for them to his offer for the car and Ill make up the difference.

I think the VRS ones look a little "cartoony" - I must be getting old :D

We have never had an Octavia 2 in for breaking, just the old ones, a few Fabias and a Superb.

Now they look a little better than the ones I have seen on Ebay etc, Light coloured materials are of no use to a grubby sod like me.

There are a few seats around that I like the look of... Cupra... A3 etc...

DSC_0059_zpscfvcuqqw.jpg

The proper Octavia 2 vrs seats

I have the same, black seats/ceiling was an option, a very very well hidden option. In my opinion they lift the car quite a bit. And I love the "darkness" the black ceiling brings into the car - no weird reflections on the windows etc. If i remember correctly the option was called something weird like "little black package" or something similar.

• 1 month later...

Still no further on with the interior. at work we have had a few VAG cars in with the same type of steering wheel as my Octy but they all have the same problem as mine - the surface has become rough and seems to be flaking. Another yard near us has a Passat estate in, Sadly it has the older seats that locate on the sill and tunnel with a central mount at the front :thumbdown: , but it does have a nice leather covered steering wheel - that may be tried out on my car in the next few days. finding stuff on ebay has proven to be frustrating, emails go unanswered, or items are collection only - which really bites as we regularly use a firm who will collect from almost anywhere. Today I even came across a place that listed a set of seats then cut the airbag out of one of them...

Its so frustrating! I'm surrounded by scrap cars and not one with any parts for my car!