Heated seats

Henry@1

Can be done with the correct wiring loom Heating elements need to be purchased from either a second hand set of seats or new from the dealers. Same with the switches.

Then code them in with VCDS.

Check Kufatec for the wiring loom, I used a Kufatec loom to retrofit heated seats in my mk1 and was a good kit.

Hello,

I also have a Fabia II Monte Carlo and I‘ve retrofitted heated seats by my own.

So, yes it is possible, but it takes some time and you need some technical skills...

I‘ve installed carbon-mats from Systafex. I‘ve also bought the original Skoda switches because I think they look better than the switches from Systafex.

For Fabia II I don't think you have to code something with VCDS.

Regards,

2014atmc

As far as I know, the switches of MK1 are different from those of the MK2.
Those of MK1 have more settings. The MK2 just have simple mechanical switches with two setting options (1 and 2).
Maybe I‘m wrong, but I think the two mats of a seat are once connected parallel and once connected in series, so you‘ll get the two different settings.

Regards,
2014atmc

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, hope you know what I mean :notme:

• Like 1

Your English is better than half the English people on the forum so don't worry about that.

I've looked into it a little bit more. The factory switches have 5 spade type connectors on the bottom so just need to work out which one does what and can probably wire them up with an after market kit and use factory switches, so that won't need coding but wouldn't be a true retrofit I suppose?

Not that anyone would know!

I've bought a kit so will give it ago.

The factory switches have 5 spade type connectors on the bottom so just need to work out which one does what and can probably wire them up with an after market kit and use factory switches

Yes, that is exactly what I've done.

I wrote down the assignment of the switch, unfortunately I am not at home.
You just need a cheap multimeter - it's easy to find out.
As I remember, the connector in the middle is for +12V (ignition system, clamp #15), the two next to the middle are for heating stage 1 and heating stage 2.
One of two remaining connectors is also for +12V, but for the lamps (green & orange LED, just shine if you turn on the lights), the other is for chassis ground.
I think it is also possible to retrofit everything with original Skoda spare parts (heating elements, electric wires,...), but they are more expensive than parts from third manufacturer.
So yes... I'ts not a "true retrofit"... 

Regards,

2014atmc

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/24/2016 at 21:20, hutchysrs50 said:

Your English is better than half the English people on the forum so don't worry about that.

I've looked into it a little bit more. The factory switches have 5 spade type connectors on the bottom so just need to work out which one does what and can probably wire them up with an after market kit and use factory switches, so that won't need coding but wouldn't be a true retrofit I suppose?

Not that anyone would know!

I've bought a kit so will give it ago.

did you ever finish this project?