Monte Carlo wiper judder

alexvrs

Hi, I've had my monte for around 3 months now and one of the first things I did when I first got the car was put a new set of wipers on which I did (they are bosch aero twin) and they have been great until about a month ago they have started juddering like mad I have tried using halfords glass cutter which solved it for a a day then back to juddering. It's driving me insane especially when it's heavy rain I will link a video to what it's like below but any help would be much appreciated

https://youtu.be/ixkxhdCJE4c

They have always been fine for me also.

Not something you use when cleaning the car that's damaging them or possibly not washing the car often enough and having a constant dirty windscreen?

I use autoglym glass polish on a machine polisher on a slow setting to buff off the screen every now and then.

when I get judder on wipers, I normally clean the screen with something like autoglym glass cleaner, clean the wipers, apply RainX to the screen and make sure I have decent screen wash in the bottle

plain water seems to make it worse

I do find the newer one piece flexible wipers much less prone to juddering than the old metal frame types

Is it just the one blade that is causing this shuddering?  My daughter's 2009 Ibiza got new Bosch wiper blades from Halfords about 3 years ago, it is always parked out in the open but not used very much, and its longer blade has "taken a set" and so that blade never tries to tilt over when the blade direction changes - but it is not that noisy, it is just that I know that is happening though replacing these blades should solve that. The wipers on my wife's old 2003MY Polo used to drive her mad, though I always used genuine "as fitted at the factory" replacements and not VAG aftermarket lookie likie (Quantum) crap.

I would look at changing the blades, as you don't know how long they have been on the car

a 2008 car they could have been on there anything from the 3 months you have had it to 8 years from new (some people don't bother changing them, guy I work with says never changed them on a car he owned)

the UV and heat in the sun cause the rubber to harden on the blades, I tend to change mine each year around October / November so I have good wipers for the bad weather over winter and they will not age so quick as less sun / UV in winter

Except it is a Monte Carlo so not going to be more than 6 years old.

& the new wipers were fitted by the OP 3 months ago.

But still needs changing.

?

What windscreen wash do you use?

Edited by Offski

Except it is a Monte Carlo so not going to be more than 6 years old.

& the new wipers were fitted by the OP 3 months ago.

But still needs changing.

?

What windscreen wash do you use?

ah my bad, I missed the bit about first thing op did was to change the wipers

I tend to use halfrauds concentrated screenwash http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/screenwash-de-icer/halfords--20-concentrated-screenwash-5l-citrus or autoglym ultimate screenwash (bit pricey though if you go through screenwash like swmbo)

I keep the screen treated with rain-x every couple of months as well

Sorry, my bad.  That question was for the OP with the juddering wipers.

I bought gallons of screen wash 3 winters ago.  Or actually after winter, Much Cheapness, much crapness.  

Just terrible stuff and i have loads left.

post-86161-0-14377400-1474829102_thumb.jpg

Edited by Offski

ah prestone, much cheapness in asda , halfrauds don't seem to stock it so would ring alarm bells with me

never tried it, but I tend to steer clear of cheap offers in supermarkets unless its a brand I am very familiar with (sometimes see rain-x on offer, and Castrol oils at good prices)

I also don't see the point in paying for "expensive water" used to dilute concentrated screen wash in the ready mixed, its just lazy and a waste of money

Edited by bluecar1

Never had a problem with Bosch Aerotwin blades.

Rain-X the windscreen once a month and then use Quantum Premium screenwash concentrate from TPS @ less than £5 for five litres.