EGR Solenoid Valves..

Ardle

Thanks I'm aware of those on top of back of engine to the right as I look at engine.. There is one on it's own and what seems like 3 other valves one orange in colour!? Do you know what they are.. I can post pics tomorrow only.

The vacuum solenoid in your picture is for the turbo. The one on the front of the engine is for the egr cooler change over flap.

Thanks... P0403 I'm checking all electrical connections to do with EGR, contact cleaner spray, frayed/chaffed wire check etc etc.. 

• 4 years later...

I've had the dreaded coil light come on yesterday followed by limp mode for an hour of motorway driving... Nightmare! 

Plugged it in and its code p0403 EGR system issue.   The car is a 2011 octavia 1.6tdi CR, just turned 100k miles... Never had an egr or dpf light or issue before. 

I have a couple of questions if you could help....   How difficult is the egr solenoid to access (is it at the back of the engine near the main egr valve?), and have you an experience decarbonising companies like terraclean?...  They quote around £300+ for an egr clean... Worth it? 

Thanks for your help! 

Marc