How do I reset my average fuel consumption reading in my new Fabia...

As above, anyone give me a pointer on how to reset this. I can't find anything in the car settings on infotainment or on the dash. I know I must be missing something (oh...I know, my brain!). As yet only had it a few days and still getting used to it. Can't find anything in the manual either. This can't be hard I know.... :notme:

Are you sure about that, I can only type from experience of the equivalent Polo 6R 6C, in that case, it is all done via the infotainment system, there are 3 sets of results:- long term which I thought ran for ever but it does not so must reset at a specific mileage:  since refuelling which resets itself after you have refilled the tank:  current which will run for as long as the engine has been re-used within probably 2 hours.  That just leaves the instrument trip which has its own rest button.

Edited by rum4mo

End of the washer stalk switch & button underneath.

No...don't have any button under the washer switch and no other buttons on that stalk. That was the layout on my Mk2 estate. I've tried several things now and no success as yet. I'll crack it though! Thanks for the reply though Offski!

Yes it is reset via the Bolero system under 'car'.

But the long term figures will reset themselves automatically after 99 hours and 59 minutes and/or 9999 kilometers,

Which ever limit is reached first.

This is in the Bolero/infotainment handbook, not the car handbook.

When I picked mine up it was at 7 miles and 14 MPG.

Managed to get it above 50 MPG before the 99 hours and 59 minutes limit kicked in.

This was after 2600 miles.

Thanks AG Falco

Edited by AGFalco

Unfortunately I did not read up enough on the handbooks for my wife's Polo, or I would have noted the long term figures for future use, I'm afraid (anorakish activity?), so finding that the run mileage was not the same as the odometer came as a annoying shock!

Ok, I reset my fuel consumption computer today. Go into 'Car' then 'Instrument Cluster' then it's in there. Funnily enough, I can't remember what button to tell you guys to push in the instrument cluster as I did this stuff this morning and as I write this it escapes me! You'll spot it easy enough though. Anyhoo, it wasn't hard is what I'm saying. I much prefered the old way of doing things on my Mk2 Fab regarding this reset thing. But never mind. I'll get used to it. Thanks to you all for your interest and support. Still revelling in the new car and enjoying that engine and DSG gearbox. Oh joy of joys!!

... and an even quicker way -- is to keep the right-hand roller on the steering wheel pressed down for a few seconds.

(ok - assuming your motor has the Multi-function Steering wheel [MFSW])

It will cancel all the data on whichever mode it is in -- e.g. in "Long-term" view, press and hold the roller and it'll zero all of the Long-term data : Avg Consumption, Distance, Time etc..

Edited by Dithane
  • Like 1

Fascinating! I've just checked out Dithane's idea for zeroing the fuel consumption metre and it works!! Just press the right hand mfsw scroll wheel and hold it with the average fuel consumption metre showing on the maxidot and it zeros. Nice one and very convenient. Thanks Dithane and everyone for your input. I off to fiddle with my buttons. 

• Like 1

Noticed the other day the little Skoda on the consumption screen moves closer to the petrol pump as you get lower on fuel

I'd like to say "Total BS!" - but I suppose that I will need to check that out first! 

On wife's Polo the car shown is very accurate as it is a 5 door silver car(like her car is)!

I'd like to say "Total BS!" - but I suppose that I will need to check that out first!

On wife's Polo the car shown is very accurate as it is a 5 door silver car(like her car is)!

Only way I seen it mate was before I filled up it was near the petrol pump and after it was to the left of the screen

Factory Amundsen so it maybe something unique to that

Just for you though I will take a photo before and after

call bs if you want to be rude before checking out feel free and report back

Edited by malcster

Fascinating! I've just checked out Dithane's idea for zeroing the fuel consumption metre and it works!! Just press the right hand mfsw scroll wheel and hold it with the average fuel consumption metre showing on the maxidot and it zeros. Nice one and very convenient. Thanks Dithane and everyone for your input. I off to fiddle with my buttons. 

That'll be the right hand scrolling wheel that's stopped working on mine. Now booked in for replacement button.

Only way I seen it mate was before I filled up it was near the petrol pump and after it was to the left of the screen

Factory Amundsen so it maybe something unique to that

Just for you though I will take a photo before and after

call bs if you want to be rude before checking out feel free and report back

That was meant as a gentle "BS" - I'll be surprised if these "efficient/humourless" Germans allowed their softies to include that, mind you maybe the top people did not know that function was included! Time will tell.

Am I being really daft or do you just press the 'reset trip' button in the instrument cluster? This resets 2 of the modes I think... 'since refuel' and 'since start' and then long-term is, well, more long term. What else is there to reset? Or was the query here about resetting the long-term one?

No No, this is all aimed at cars with the current/bigger Infotainment system which is also where the fuel etc resets have moved to, only other reset now available is the mileage trip still near the instrument panel.

Edit:- I will not be making any more comments about the small car moving across the display for a while, current range is 340miles!

Edited by rum4mo