Slippy clutch

SkUG

£150 labour from a friend at a Mitsubushi garage.

Paid £300 for an uprated clutch and dmf from Xman. Think you'll do well to get it done that cheap though.

One thing to be sure of: AVOID TECHNICLUTCH!

JRJG

SDi clutch kit varies from £100 (budget) to £170 (decent LUK). Add two hours labour plus VAT so you are looking at between £250-300+ depending on the rates of your local garage. 

Edit: time taken might be longer. I can't find the receipt when I got the Wife's done a few years back. It was around the £300 mark from a very good independent garage I use. Still have no idea how you can burn out a clutch on a SDi? They have so little power and torque. Wife's went shortly after buying it but got £300 knocked off price as I knew it would need replacing so called my garage to confirm price of clutch change before we bought it. It failed two week later. Garage said there was not much left of the clutch at all. Just dust. Weird.

Edited by Golf-Fiend
  • Like 1

Got a LUK clutch kit off eBay for £96, had a quote for £225 from MrClutch but they will beat any like for like quote 

Or £325 for "a clutch" fitted - assumed this was budget so got the LUK kit on order,should be here on Monday, trouble I got is my car is in Gatwick airport... I'm flying back from Scotland on Sunday so probably be on the back of AA truck on Sunday ..yay! Lucky wasn't driving all the way here!

think they've allowed 4 hours fitting I'd guess