Cooling fans

Walks

Hi there,

We've just acquired a 54 plate Fabia 1.4 16v estate. Looking under the bonnet I see there are 2 cooling fans, one of which seems to have fallen apart. It's the one on the left as you stand looking into the engine bay (o/s).

Anyone any ideas how easy this is to re-mount of is it best to take it in somewhere?

Thanks.

If it's the same arrangement as my Polo, the fixings for that fan are on the front (impossible to reach in-situ) side of the fan shroud assembly. If you're really lucky it won't be like mine, and both fans will be mounted the same as the main fan, accessible from the engine bay side.

Removing the fan shroud isn't too hard, and something I was planning to do a little how-to for, so I have some photos already. It isn't a five-minute job though.

Here's a pic with the shroud assembly out of the car, looking at the front side and the three mountings of the AC fan.

20160530_140046.jpg