Leaking oil?

JoeWils

After a swift check to see how the barum bravuris 3's are holding up I turned the wheel full lock right, only to be greeted the undertray soaked in what I believe is oil, the wishbone is also covered in it... It seems to be coming from the drivers side of the engine but without being able to jack the car up I can't totally see. I know it could be coming from anywhere but has anyone else had it leaking around this area? I work 6am - 8pm so it's not so easy for me give it a good look over... and only owning a damn widow maker jack

Would it be possible to remove the engine tray, leave a piece of cardboard/wood underneath it and then in the morning you will have a good idea exactly where it is dripping from. Then, inspect everything directly above that area, as DC2990 suggests the EGR is a likely suspect, perhaps give that a real good clean and then inspect it in a couple of days time. Have you lost noticeable amounts, checking the dipstick?

JRJG

I could try removing the tray, my first thought was the EGR but not being familiar with these engines I wouldn't want to say. It was serviced around two months ago the oil level seemed fine, I'll check it again tomorrow. its booked in for its MOT 28th of October and can only really get it to a garage that day due to working, only other mode of transport is a push bike and don't fancy the daily 45 mile round trip to work on one haha!

Take the engine cover off and have a look at the egr valve to see if theres anything coming out of the vent holes and running down the back of the engine

Most will leak a bit but over time it can look worse than it is.

Its just a bit of oil in your boost pipes.If it is the egr valve 

Edited by DC2990