Facelift, what facelift?

bmjb99

Just been looking at a few car broker websites and they are showing the 2017 spec' for the Citigo.For instance on the Colour edition the Red has been dropped in favour of Crystal Blue and you can order DAB radio and Climate Control.Nothing on the Škoda UK website.

The front one is the facelift as it has LED DRLs built into the bottom edge of the headlight units. ;)

I believe there were more changes inside like redesigned dashboard dials & new HU with the end of the PID and replacement by a phone cradle etc.....

post-9093-0-92536800-1475246548_thumb.jpg

Edited by WaveyDavey

The front one is the facelift as it has LED DRLs built into the bottom edge of the headlight units. ;)

I believe there were more changes inside like redesigned dashboard dials & new HU with the end of the PID and replacement by a phone cradle etc.....

Yes,well spotted seems bonkers the new model does not exist according to the Skoda UK website.

I've changed my mind, the front one

• Like 1

It's so obviously the front one.

It's clean.

The back one needs a wash.

True, unfortunately I couldn't be bothered to wash mine before taking the picture (plus it would have been too dark by then).

Front one is my mother's, collected from the dealer on Monday, the only external difference I can see that isn't due to options are the headlights - the DRLs are in the same position but the reflector is much wider.  The alloy wheels are now part of the spec for the SE, so she got them "free" as she ordered a standard SE with steel wheels (during the fuel promotion) but the dealer later rang to say that she'd be getting the facelifted model due to the build date.

Internally there's the holder for a phone in place of the PID, an umbrella in a little tray on the front of the passenger seat and the radio/media unit now has a colour screen and no ability to play CDs.

Apart from that, I can't really see anything different (OK, so there are the strings on the parcel shelf and the light in the boot, but these were already present on the later pre-facelift cars).

Slightly off at a tangent, but I just called my local VW dealer (again) to see if they know when they'll be getting their demonstrator for the Up! TSi, which I'm itching to have a go in. They said that they aren't due to get one until at least week 48. So it looks as though things are going slowly even for the VW badged stuff. Having spec'd one up with the toys that I'd like, they look like an expensive option anyway. Discounts are virtually non-existent. For similar monthlies I could get a Fiesta ST-Line 140 with options to an almost like-for-like spec. - a bigger car with a much more powerful engine - from a few of the internet brokers and have it on better finance terms than VW are offering. As for the Citigo - my local Skoda dealer said there's absolutely no signs at all of the TSi being offered for the foreseeable future.

Hi, I've just taken delivery of a 2017 SE model. Really the only differences I can see are the headlight cluster with LED DRL's and the updated infotainment system. Looks like more of an update than a facelift.

Anyway, I'm enjoying it immensely.