1.8t Octavia build advice needed

Hi

New to the forum and to the world of Skoda.

I have recently bought a 1.8t Mk1.

I have saw this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/244725-4x4-turbo-sleeper-ish-o/

and was inspired to make some modifications.

What are the best intial mods I can make? Ideally long term I would like to do something similair to the thread above although I probably can't afford all those things. I definately want to:

Upgrade the brakes (what Brembo discs do I need, where is best to buy from, do I need to upgrade the pads/ calipers too?)

Lower it and change the wheels (will and VAG wheels go straight on?)

Remap it to improve the BHP (not crazy high though as I would like to retain efficiency)

Where is best to get this done in the London/ Essex/ SE area?

Change front seats for something better quality (VW or Audi that will fit?)

Any other engine mods that will be required to assist/ enable the remap to be successful.

Any essential future proofing I should be doing to prevent issues. I have heard these cars have **** water pumps? What else should be an essential upgrade.

Really appreciate any advice I am a newb at all this stuff. I have read the above thread but wasnt clear on what all the parts were or how essential they were.

Cheers all!

Golf, leon, A3 wheels are a direct fit, fabia and polo wheels fit but need spacers to correct the ET. I hear golf recaros fit and seem to be the only different design of seat from these group cars that bolt straight in, S3 seats require a bit of custom work to fit i'm told. If its not a VRS the best mod brakes wise is to upgrade the front brakes to the 312mm items, this requires new discs, and a different caliper carrier, these are easy to find on ebay searching for '312mm caliper carrier mk4 golf', the carrier will come from either a VRS or the TT. Its honestly a 2 bolt per side job.

A remap, uprated air filter and forge 008 is the best thing for these on a budget, if you've got the k03s turbo you'll make an easy 200bhp, getting much beyond that requires the entire exhaust to be ripped out and replaced, a front mount intercooler etc etc and is jolly expensive for another 30bhp or so.

Edited by km666