Electronic Boot

Rear Assist Drowsiness

Midi Interface

Hill Hold

Variable Boot Floor

112,000 klm

I regularly serviced it at 15,000 klms

Fantastic Car

I am changing it , and the best endorsement I can give is that I am ordering a  new Skoda Superb L&K Combi 190 (with a few more extras) :)

Not completed  the deal yet.

If I could afford it and if insurance costs were cheaper, I would consider not selling this car (keep it as an additional car)

Any tips for selling or trading ?

Edited by SuperbIRL142
  • Like 1

hi guys

142 (30 months old)

Skoda Superb L&K Combi 170 in Mag Brown with Brown Leather interior

Car Inclusive of Panoramic Roof

Electronic Boot

Rear Assist Drowsiness

Midi Interface

Hill Hold

Variable Boot Floor

112,000 klm

I regularly serviced it at 15,000 klms

Fantastic Car

I am changing it , and the best endorsement I can give is that I am ordering a  new Skoda Superb L&K Combi 190 (with a few more extras) :)

Not completed  the deal yet.

If I could afford it and if insurance costs were cheaper, I would consider not selling this car (keep it as an additional car)

Any tips for selling or trading ?

112k km in 30 months! I have almost that but mine is a 141 and I would consider that a lot of mileage for even a 141.  Have you started looking yet, would you go back to the same dealer?  You're probably looking at close to €50K for a 190 L&K combi if you add a few extras.  Resale should be okay on the MKII and you're selling with some warranty left so I'd be pushing that with any dealer.  I'd be interested to hear what lead time you'll get.  Any thoughts on colours yet?

I'm in the same boat myself - looking to do a deal soon for a 171.  Not sure about the L&K this time however, its just a big jump in money for what you're getting.  I might miss the Canton but apart from that a 150 Style with some extras and maybe DSG might be an option for me.  BTW I drive a 190 back to back with a 150 and couldn't find a massive difference - certainly not the 40bhp/50nm that's on paper!

The L&K price bump over the Superb 2 is a bit severe and you don't get the sunroof now unless you pay an extra €1234....

e.g. 

2015 Superb 2 L&K, 170hp, DSG, 4x4 = €43,815

2015 Superb 3 L&K, 190hp, DSG, 4x4 = €48,920

That's a weighty €5,105 increase (or €6,340 if you don't loose the moonroof from the S2). 

• Like 1

The L&K price bump over the Superb 2 is a bit severe and you don't get the sunroof now unless you pay an extra €1234....

e.g. 

2015 Superb 2 L&K, 170hp, DSG, 4x4 = €43,815

2015 Superb 3 L&K, 190hp, DSG, 4x4 = €48,920

That's a weighty €5,105 increase (or €6,340 if you don't loose the moonroof from the S2). 

You could probably live with 150 after having a 170 as 340nm v 350 nm is negligible given the reduction in weight over the MKII, so that would save you €1400.  I totally agree though, the jump is just a bit too much.  Its the kind of price hike you'd expect on a Audi price list :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

ok, the dealer experience did not start out too well, but recently has improved dramatically .

the car is serviced every 15,000 klms and valeted once a month.

new brakes and tyres.

the dealer has offered euro 24,000

is that ok ?

I decided on buying a new L&K with DSG,

Electronic Boot

Rear Assist Drowsiness

Midi Interface

Hill Hold

Variable Boot Floor

Panoramic Roof

Premium WIFI option

and a few other things.

Lead time , 3 months

Edited by SuperbIRL142
  • Like 1

ok, the dealer experience did not start out too well, but recently has improved dramatically .

the car is serviced every 15,000 klms and valeted once a month.

new brakes and tyres.

the dealer has offered euro 24,000

is that ok ?

I decided on buying a new L&K with DSG,

Electronic Boot

Rear Assist Drowsiness

Midi Interface

Hill Hold

Variable Boot Floor

Panoramic Roof

Premium WIFI option

and a few other things.

Lead time , 3 months

For comparison, I'm getting around the €24K mark as well for my L&K hatch which is a 141 with about the same mileage as yours, so I reckon there could be €1K or so extra to be had on your 142 Combi but its not a bad price all the same.  It depends on the overall deal, if you can get a few things thrown in as well (service plan, tax etc) then €24K would be okay.  Is it the same dealer?  I was told about 12 weeks as well for the lead time.  Most dealers in Ireland appear to be guaranteeing January delivery for orders placed over the next few weeks.  That's a gorgeous spec.  I was tempted by both DSG and L&K as you've probably seen on another thread but couldn't justify both so took a few of the extras from the L&K with the DSG box.

Any interior/exterior colours in mind?  Are you still going with the 190?

• Like 1

• Administrators

As a comparison only, you can get to around 10/12% discount of list prices in the UK.  Some can go further via shenanigans, hard bargaining or desperate for numbers. 

It's the overall cost to change, versus time and hassle though. Lovely spec though. :D 

• Like 1

As a comparison only, you can get to around 10/12% discount of list prices in the UK.  Some can go further via shenanigans, hard bargaining or desperate for numbers. 

It's the overall cost to change, versus time and hassle though. Lovely spec though. :D

I have found more recently (here in Ireland anyway) that dealers are sticking rigidly to list prices (supposedly blaming increasingly tight margins) and the only movement is on the price of what you are trading in.  Of course, its down to the overall cost to change as you say and I actually find it more open if a dealer quotes a strong trade-in price rather than tinkering around with both the list price and trade-in prices - at the end of the day they are still coming back to a net cost to change but some dealers like to mess around by giving with one hand and taking away with the other!  Obviously there is discount to be had on a straight, cash transaction with no trade-in.

I agree about the time and hassle as well - there is lot to be said for a dealer that is more accessible, better customer service etc.

I take it 141, 142 & 171 are reg's..... Bit like our 15, 65, 16, 66 reg etc.....

Yes - a bit like that.

Lets say my Reg is 142-D-10009. In Ireland that breaks down as:

142 = the "14" means 2014, the "2" means the second half of 2014 (July to Dec), 141 would be the first half (Jan-Jun) of 2014.

D  =  Dublin. 

10009 = it would be the 10,009th car registered for County Dublin in the second half of 2014.

From 1987 to 2012, the first 2 digits are always the year (we only added a 1 or a 2 to the year to denote first or second half of the year in 2013 - they did this to keep the motor trade happy). 

Unlike you guys, our cars have one Irish registration number for the life of the car in Ireland - it cannot be changed once assigned and can never go to another vehicle.. No buying private plates or keeping "chersished" plates for us. 

Edited by TheRobinK
  • Like 2

I wondered why I had started seeing Irish plates with three digits rather than the previous two digits for the year. Isn't your version of a 'cherished' plate having one with a very low number? 162D13 for instance if my lucky number was 13? Or I may be thinking of the Channel Islands

I have found more recently (here in Ireland anyway) that dealers are sticking rigidly to list prices (supposedly blaming increasingly tight margins) and the only movement is on the price of what you are trading in.

I found the same and yes, there was "some" room for movement on the value of my trade in car. That room for movement increased a lot when I agreed to finance some of my purchase with VW bank at 2.1% (FYI - they offer 6.9% - you say "eff off", they make a call and offer 2.1...!)

I was €1500 better off on the cost to change, even after the cost of finance, by doing this and also working some extras I wanted for "free". Whatever VAG is kicking back/offering dealers to sign you up is obviously valuable to them (or it was when i bought in 2015). 

As suggested - I would always focus on the cost to change, for the car and options you want - and don't allow the salesman to cloud anything with other details. 

It sounds like you (SuperbIRL142) want to order a car that is going to be the guts of €50K. What I have found works is to figure out what amount of money, in addition to my trade car, I want to pay to get into the new car. I don't let the salesman talk to me about any other figure. 

I wondered why I had started seeing Irish plates with three digits rather than the previous two digits for the year. Isn't your version of a 'cherished' plate having one with a very low number? 162D13 for instance if my lucky number was 13? Or I may be thinking of the Channel Islands

Some of the plates do get reserved - I think 171-D-1 will go to the Mayor of Dublin. It was rumored that they changed it in 2013 because the dealers feared nobody would buy an "unlucky 13" car, though they would be OK with a "131" or a "132".  I think the buggers would have said anything to get a plate change and a sales boost twice a year. 

The car companies can get certain numbers put side for them - Mercedes might reserve 500 for a new S class. BMW do the same for some of their numbered models - my first BMW was a 316 and it got a D-316 plate. BMW had used it to show off the cars in shopping centres...

I hear the numbers can be reserved but the motor trade gets preference, there are limits to the range you can access and it costs €1000 or more. You can never buy an existing plate transfer it to another car.

• Like 1

Some of the plates do get reserved - I think 171-D-1 will go to the Mayor of Dublin. It was rumored that they changed it in 2013 because the dealers feared nobody would buy an "unlucky 13" car, though they would be OK with a "131" or a "132". I think the buggers would have said anything to get a plate change and a sales boost twice a year.

The car companies can get certain numbers put side for them - Mercedes might reserve 500 for a new S class. BMW do the same for some of their numbered models - my first BMW was a 316 and it got a D-316 plate. BMW had used it to show off the cars in shopping centres...

I hear the numbers can be reserved but the motor trade gets preference, there are limits to the range you can access and it costs €1000 or more. You can never buy an existing plate transfer it to another car.

The registration change was really to boost sales as you say. Having all the sales front-loaded to the beginning of the year didn't suit the car industry for all sorts of obvious reasons but not sure it has had the desired affect. Instead of having a trickle of sales throughout the year, people are just holding back altogether around April to June and waiting for the new plate in July.

The registration change was really to boost sales as you say. Having all the sales front-loaded to the beginning of the year didn't suit the car industry for all sorts of obvious reasons but not sure it has had the desired affect. Instead of having a trickle of sales throughout the year, people are just holding back altogether around April to June and waiting for the new plate in July.

Same reasoning ours went to new reg on March 1st and September 1st from annually on 1st August.

For comparison, I'm getting around the €24K mark as well for my L&K hatch which is a 141 with about the same mileage as yours, so I reckon there could be €1K or so extra to be had on your 142 Combi but its not a bad price all the same.  It depends on the overall deal, if you can get a few things thrown in as well (service plan, tax etc) then €24K would be okay.  Is it the same dealer?  I was told about 12 weeks as well for the lead time.  Most dealers in Ireland appear to be guaranteeing January delivery for orders placed over the next few weeks.  That's a gorgeous spec.  I was tempted by both DSG and L&K as you've probably seen on another thread but couldn't justify both so took a few of the extras from the L&K with the DSG box.

Any interior/exterior colours in mind?  Are you still going with the 190?

OK..

I have a 161 DSG on loan today and taking it back tomorrow. Just to see if I like the automatic, and have to say I do. .

I confirming the order in the morning :

In the meantine , because I am doing on average 1000 Klms a week , I have decided to give them my car tomorrow.

To avoid more depreciation due to mileage, I going to purchase a 05 Audi A4 for Euro 3,000 and minimum guaranteed buy back from the garage of Euro 1,500 .

The colour I going for is Cappuccino Beige metallic and going for the 190

the most likely final spec is Car card 

** Although : Just drove an Audi A6 - similar spec ... dithering ....

• Like 1

spec

Rear side airbags (PE2)

Panoramic sunroof (PH0)

18" Pegasus alloy wheels (PJ6)

Temporary space-saver spare wheel (PJB)

KESSY (PK7)

Park assist (PPA)

Premium WLAN and Phone box (PT3)

Travel assist (PWD)

Crew protection assist (7W2)

Variable boot floor (3GN)

Rest Assist (drowsiness detection) (EM1)

Smoking package (9JC)

Waste bin in door panel (3LE)

Digital radio reception (QV3)

Service Plan - Total of 3 years or 45,000kms (111)

Safety, functionality, comfort

12-volt socket(s)

3-point seat belt for center rear seat

3-point seat belts, outer rear with ECE label

Additional warning lights (door area)

Antenna for AM/FM reception, "diversity"

Boot net programme

Breakaway interior rear view mirror, automatically dimming

Camera and/or distance sensor (driver assistance system)

Tyre cluster

Child seat anchor for child seat system ISOFIX

Climatronic (3-zone) with rear air conditioning control panel

Colour Maxi DOT trip computer

Cruise control with speed limiter

Driver's and front passenger air bag with knee air bag and front passenger air bag deactivation

ECO button

Electric interface for external use, AUX-IN, USB (iPod-capable)

Electric seat adjustment for both front seats, driver's seat with memory system

Electronic stabilization program (ESP)

Front center armrest

Front fog lamp and cornering lamp

Front headrests

Gas discharge headlights with variable light distribution

Headlight washer system

Headlight-range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)

Heated front and rear seats

Heated windscreen washer nozzles

High beam assistant

Hill-hold control

Interior ambient lighting, type 2

Interior light in footwell front and rear

Leather seat covering

Luggage compartment lighting

Mirror Link plus wireless RSE "App"

Navigation system - High

Power adjustable lumbar support in front seats

Radio and telephone controls

Radio High (Japan)

Rear backrest release from boot

Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding with center armrest

Rear window wiper

Rear-view parking camera

Roof rails

Seat belt reminder, optical and acoustic electric contact

Separate daytime running lights with low beam assistant and "Coming Home" function

Service interval prolongation

Sliding parcel shelf

Sound package "branded"

Standard wheel bolts

Start/stop system with regenerative braking

Stowage box with cover in luggage boot side panel

Sun visors with mirror, illuminated

Sunset glass

Tailgate/trunk lid release from inside only

Three rear headrests

Tire pressure warning light

Trailer hitch preparation

Two reading lights front

UP9

Windshield in heat-insulating glass

Windshield wiper intermittent control with light/rain sensor

With umbrella

Without bracket

Electric auxiliary air heater

Deflector vane

Disc brakes, rear

Exterior mirrors: with memory function, automatically dimming, electrically foldable/adjustable, separately heated

Exterior

Covers for alloy wheels

LED taillamp assembly

Left exterior mirror: convex

Rear exhaust tailpipe (standard)

Right exterior mirror: convex

Bright moldings

Body-colored bumpers

Interior

Decorative inserts

Comfort front seats

Chrome package (type 2)

Leather gearshift knob/handle

Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel

Scuff plates in door apertures with "S" badge

Standard pedal cluster

Front and rear floor mats, wedge-shaped rear

Technical Data

Exterior dimensions

Height

1.477 mm

Wheel base

2.841 mm

Track front / rear

1.584 / 1.572 mm

Turning circle diameter

11,7 m

Luggage capacity min. / max.

660 / 1.950 l

Length

4.856 mm

Width

1.864 mm

Engine, transmission, electric

Bore

81,0 mm

Stroke

95,5 mm

Compression ratio

15,8 +/- 0,5

Air pollution regulation

Euro 6

Energy efficiency ratings

Fuel

diesel

Cylinder numbers

4; in line

Cubic capacity

1.968 cm³

Max. performance

190 bhp

Max. torque

400 Nm / 1900 - 3300 1/min Nm / 1/min

CO2 Emissions - combined

120 g/km

CO2 Emissions - combined (gas)

Performance

Max. speed

233 km/h

Acceleration 0-100 km/h

7,8 s

Fuel tank content

66 l

Fuel consumption - urban

5,4 l/100km

Fuel consumption - extra urban

4,1 l/100km

Fuel consumption - combined

4,6 l/100km

Weights

Kerb weight with driver

1.575 kg

Total weight

2.165 kg

Payload with driver

640 kg

Towing weight braked at 12 %

2.000 kg

Towing weight unbraked

750 kg

Total weight incl. towing weight

4.165 kg

Roof load

100 kg

• Like 1

Believe it or not, these are actually not standard on the Irish L&K so need to be ordered as options.  They even dropped items from the L&K MKIII compared to the MKII.  The L&K spec over here is not great value compared to the UK which is why I'm going for Style (SE L) plus the extras I wanted from the L&K.

OK..

I have a 161 DSG on loan today and taking it back tomorrow. Just to see if I like the automatic, and have to say I do. .

I confirming the order in the morning :

In the meantine , because I am doing on average 1000 Klms a week , I have decided to give them my car tomorrow.

To avoid more depreciation due to mileage, I going to purchase a 05 Audi A4 for Euro 3,000 and minimum guaranteed buy back from the garage of Euro 1,500 .

The colour I going for is Cappuccino Beige metallic and going for the 190

the most likely final spec is Car card 

** Although : Just drove an Audi A6 - similar spec ... dithering ....

That's some spec :)

Believe it or not, these are actually not standard on the Irish L&K so need to be ordered as options. They even dropped items from the L&K MKIII compared to the MKII. The L&K spec over here is not great value compared to the UK which is why I'm going for Style (SE L) plus the extras I wanted from the L&K.

It was more like "why waste money on those" question.