Time to change

I'd be happy with KESSY when they deal with the obvious glaring security issues inherent in the current system. If you're getting a DSG box then adaptive cruise control is a fantastic addition (Still probably handy in a manual, but seamless with a DSG. I'd look for ventilated seats (It's the only available option not on my current car that I would like and would use a lot) and ditch the 18" alloys in deference to the condition of a lot of the roads around Ireland. If there's the option for a 240V mains socket in the centre console I'd try for that too.

• Like 1

I'd be happy with KESSY when they deal with the obvious glaring security issues inherent in the current system. If you're getting a DSG box then adaptive cruise control is a fantastic addition (Still probably handy in a manual, but seamless with a DSG. I'd look for ventilated seats (It's the only available option not on my current car that I would like and would use a lot) and ditch the 18" alloys in deference to the condition of a lot of the roads around Ireland. If there's the option for a 240V mains socket in the centre console I'd try for that too.

Thanks for that !!!!!

Would you go for the 17" wheels ?

The L&K I have at the moment , my only real criticism is the tyres . It original came with Continentals that lasted 25K , I changed them to Goodyear and they are lasting on average 50K , but the low profile is not great, I have had several punctures and bulging tyres with some roads. The majority of my driving is motorway but when going on secondary roads even hitting a minor pothole can give problems.  

I would be interested on your take as to ditch the 18"

I will add the adaptive cruise control and ventilated seats ! :) 

Thanks for that !!!!!

Would you go for the 17" wheels ?

The L&K I have at the moment , my only real criticism is the tyres . It original came with Continentals that lasted 25K , I changed them to Goodyear and they are lasting on average 50K , but the low profile is not great, I have had several punctures and bulging tyres with some roads. The majority of my driving is motorway but when going on secondary roads even hitting a minor pothole can give problems.  

I would be interested on your take as to ditch the 18"

I will add the adaptive cruise control and ventilated seats ! :)

Remember the 18" on the MKIII is 235/45/18 as opposed to 225/40/18 on the MkII.  The extra profile makes a huge difference IMO as I already made that change on my MKII and it transformed the car.

• Like 1

Remember the 18" on the MKIII is 235/45/18 as opposed to 225/40/18 on the MkII.  The extra profile makes a huge difference IMO as I already made that change on my MKII and it transformed the car.

Were you able to adjust the speed impulse constant in the instrument cluster to keep the odometer correct?

Were you able to adjust the speed impulse constant in the instrument cluster to keep the odometer correct?

No, it doesn't bother me as the difference is small but its something I could have probably done.  I know what the difference is so I just become aware of that i.e. I don't have quite the same tolerance on the odometer as previously so now the reading is pretty close to actual as opposed to the usual built-in tolerance of a few kms that is pre-set.

Great news they've gone to 45 profile tyres on the 18" wheels :). I'm quite happy with the ride and durability of the 45 profile 17" tyres on my car, so if the 18's are 45 profile and wider than my 225's then you've already got more rubber between you and the road than I do.

No, it doesn't bother me as the difference is small but its something I could have probably done.  I know what the difference is so I just become aware of that i.e. I don't have quite the same tolerance on the odometer as previously so now the reading is pretty close to actual as opposed to the usual built-in tolerance of a few kms that is pre-set.

The built-in discrepancy only applies to the speedometer. The odometer is set to read true (give or take a bit for variation in tyre pressure). From the brief look I gave at the setup in the cluster it doesn't seem as simple to change as on older cars but I haven't bothered to research it in detail yet.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. ..

I confirmed the order today .... i put in the ventilated seats and the distance cruise control thingy ... lol.. list price is about 52k ... people will think i crazy for spending that on a skoda ... but hey. It will be some car and probably only a few of that spec sold in ireland next year

• Like 3

Thanks for that. ..

I confirmed the order today .... i put in the ventilated seats and the distance cruise control thingy ... lol.. list price is about 52k ... people will think i crazy for spending that on a skoda ... but hey. It will be some car and probably only a few of that spec sold in ireland next year

Well done!  That will be one amazing car :)

i put in the ventilated seats and the distance cruise control thingy ... lol.. list price is about 52k ... people will think i crazy for spending that on a skoda ... but hey. It will be some car and probably only a few of that spec sold in ireland next year

Congrats on the new car - you can bet there wont be many L&K's here for a start - your spec will be very unique.

Did you go private sale on your current car? I saw this one come up...  there cant be many of it either!  

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/superb/used-2014-142-skoda-superb-l-k-clare-fpa-2894465770377243163

Congrats on the new car - you can bet there wont be many L&K's here for a start - your spec will be very unique.

Did you go private sale on your current car? I saw this one come up...  there cant be many of it either!  

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/skoda/superb/used-2014-142-skoda-superb-l-k-clare-fpa-2894465770377243163

Thanks

Yes , I put the add up.... was hopping a ball. Got zero calls

Thanks

Yes , I put the add up.... was hopping a ball. Got zero calls

Yeah, it's a tricky one on a private sale. Its not that you havent asked a fair price - I know what a Skoda Superb L&K Estate is and what it would cost new. Outside of the Skoda world, its not so easy to compete against the dealer offered Elegance models unless you really know about and want the differences.

Plus, while it's a (justifiably) expensive car -  a lot of people willing to spend the €€€€ involved want finance and part exchange and/ or want the "second hand PCP" deals I see are being offered now. 

Anyways - I know you have looked after the car so fingers crossed that you get a bite with the ad! 

I put the add in , basically ball hoping , and I thought if I get 26.5k I could do a cash deal with the garage, but I have received no calls so I doing the tradin with the garage now.

I went through the build of the car again and it doesn't have an option for flappy paddle.... I wonder is this standard with the L&K DSG .... nearly all dealers don't really know what is and whats not standard in the L&K ...... just that it has a better spec and is "supposed" to be a better build quality .... (not sure about that one though)

thank ye all for your input here !

I put the add in , basically ball hoping , and I thought if I get 26.5k I could do a cash deal with the garage, but I have received no calls so I doing the tradin with the garage now.

I went through the build of the car again and it doesn't have an option for flappy paddle.... I wonder is this standard with the L&K DSG .... nearly all dealers don't really know what is and whats not standard in the L&K ...... just that it has a better spec and is "supposed" to be a better build quality .... (not sure about that one though)

thank ye all for your input here !

I've made several enquiries about better build quality and soundproofing on the L&k versus say a Style and apparently there is none from what I'm told anyway, just more spec on the L&K. If I really believed there was more soundproofing on the L&K I might have gone for it. On the DSG paddles, you've probably seen my earlier PM, it's definitely on the configurator for a 190 DSG.

ok:

spec

2.0 DSG L&K 190

Electronic Boot

Rear Assist Drowsiness

Midi Interface

Hill Hold

Variable Boot Floor

Panoramic Roof

Park Assist

Premium WIFI option

ventilated and heated seats (suggested here)

Flappy Padle Steering Wheel (suggested here)

Heated Steering Wheel (suggested here) (not an option on Irish offering but dealer got it)

and a **** load of other stuff :)

Dealer reckons it will be here 1st week in Jan 2017

Edited by SuperbIRL142
  • Like 2

Fully loaded :) congrats :)

But do you really need panoramic roof?? Or electric boot?? More cons than pros ...

The Panoramic in my opinion sets the L&K that bit obove the rest and I for one love it it makes the car feel a awful lot bigger still.

I also wanted electric tailgate but reading about the problems on here am glad I stayed away from it..

Want to take a 280 L&K out for a spin sometime soon as personal car  :devil:

• Like 1

But panoramic roof makes car hotter and can leak ...

I almost ended up with electric boot - now I'm glad I didn't :)

It doesnt make the car hotter the sun blind activates if car is parked and internal temp goes up..Keeping car cool inside 

As for leaking yes but its a dead easy fix which I am going to do before it happens :nerd:.

My passengers love it.. ...especially looking at the stars at night  :rain: 

The electric boot is too slow for me also so glad I didnt get it  

Edited by DEL80Y

It doesnt make the car hotter the sun blind activates if car is parked and internal temp goes up..Keeping car cool inside 

As for leaking yes but its a dead easy fix which I am going to do before it happens :nerd:.

My passengers love it.. ...especially looking at the stars at night  :rain: 

The electric boot is too slow for me also so glad I didnt get it  

I have both the Sunroof and the electric Tailgate in my Present L&K and have had no Leaking problems and no issue with the tailgate !

What is the potential issue with Leaks and the preventitive fix?

• Like 1

I have both the Sunroof and the electric Tailgate in my Present L&K and have had no Leaking problems and no issue with the tailgate !

What is the potential issue with Leaks and the preventitive fix?

Skoda may have got their act together on the Superb III.... you'll be safe for awhile. The next owner of your Superb II is the one who needs to read up!    :p