Skoda Superb Mk1 2005 1.9TDI PD 130

Hi,

I have just bought the above car and have found that the battery is on its way out as it has failed to start a few times.

I am looking to get a new battery and would appreciate it if I could get some advice.

Is a calcium battery a good choice?

What CCA should I go for?

What size battery should I go for?

Anything else I may need to know?

Also, how do I get to the battery to take it out as it looks to be behind a cover?

Many Thanks,

Ben

First of all measure the space you have then get the battery that has the highest CCA for the best money that will fit in that space. Accessing the space requires you to take the bulkhead rubber strip then the plastic cover and I think the wiper arms but not sure on the last part. Then the obvious battery clamp. Those are the ones I know.

Try a Varta E44  form batterymegastore or ebay or tanya.co.uk...

https://www.tayna.co.uk/E44-Varta-Silver-Car-Battery-577400078-P7726.html for £66.50 including next day delivery.

If you unclip the wiring harness and move it out of the way you shouldn't need to remove the plastic trim at the base of the windscreen or disturb the wiper arms.

Edited by Tdi1.9