do all skodas pull to the left

richardg8jvm

Hi all

I'm not having much luck with my yeti

Mine pulls to the left even on the outside lane of the motorway , even where the camber is pretty flat , as the drainage is to the central reservation.

Took it to the same tyre place I've used for ages and never had problems with the last car, A Fiat that went in a straight line at 100mph

They confirmed the tracking was very slightly out, so back to the dealer, they say the tracking is fine and all skodas pull to the left

true OR false  ?

I believe pure bull**** !!!!!, directly from the service manager, after he test drove it and admitted it pulled left.

I've involved Skoda UK customer service

Richard

Mine drives straight can let go of the wheel and no pull just straight. I had a fabia monte carlo Tech and that pulled to the left really bad and that was from new back and forth to the dealers/skoda customer service no joy so i traded it in  

There must be something wrong with mine then it doesn't PULL to the left or right and neither did my 2 wheel drive Octavia.I think someone is PULLING your leg with that advise.

Edited by Sad555
  • Like 1

Hi all

that just confirms what I thought.

BTW watching the speech at todays conference T May is  pulling slightly left :)

Its from a Skoda dealer , in Telford UK, I wont mention which one, but I'm pretty disgusted , 3 years old , with 34K on the clock, just run in for a diesel.

I get the impression that the service manager is just too damn lazy to do his job.

I do have the option to return the yeti, but its all the hassle of amending the insurance, which there's an admin charge for. Road tax I'm exempt from , but it still needs another 

exemption cert for the dvla, so it could leave me without a car for a few weeks.

pain in the bum

Richard

• Like 1

My advice would be to send it back and, in the circumstances, get the dealer to pick up any admin charge. He knows that if you took it to court he wouldn't have a leg to stand on. Good luck with it - please post the outcome on here!

If you can, check to see if there has been any accident damage that may have altered the steering geometry or damaged the suspension set-up.

Edited by nomdeplume

Google 

briskoda my monte carlo is pulling to the left help

or similar searches

you will find more than 6 years of threads.

Skoda Dealers might have employees that first say 'They all do that'. then mess about and fail to sort it.

On vRS & Monte Carlo Fabias Skoda UK paid to change Dunlop Sport Maxx & Continental tyres for Pirelli Zero Nero that disguised the poor alignment from the factory.

Never fixed it just disguised it, Harder Sidewalls and slightly taller.

Run Out Stripes and tyres matched fails to register both with Skoda / VW and many Tyre Fitters.

There are threads on that as well.

google 

tyre run out stripes  

'wheels in motion'  site covers the issues some have.

Edited by Offski

I took my 2001 Octavia I back when it was new as I felt it pulled to the left, dealer checked it over and found nothing wrong. However I then discovered it pulled to the right when driving in France!

However my 2014 Superb II drives straight 

You shouldn't be able to feel it pulling in any direction with your hands on the wheel, but in most cases a car would normally go left if you let go of the steering wheel due to road camber.

Have you checked the tyre pressures are both equal?

Hi all

they did do a 4 wheel alignment check which does not agree with the one I had done.

I do expect to be able to let go of the wheel and it still goes straight, not on normal roads as the camber will pull it to to the edge of the road , but on motorways

and other multi-lane roads the RH lane has a slight camber towards the right , or none at all if a concrete surface. it shouldn't pull left.

Driving several hundred miles having to correct a pull to one side is tiring, and in my cased with arthritis painful, so very important for me to have a car that goes straight,

especially when low flying on the German autobahns.

I know yetis can do more than 180kph, I've been passed by a few :)

There could be accident damage , I couldn't see anything when I looked at the car, but unless it was written off tracing any repair work could be difficult.

I bought from a main dealer to avoid problems, oh what a foolish concept.

Richard

As you say it will go to the left (single carriageway or nearside lane) if there is a camber on the road, but it should just be a drift, not a pull and require hardly any effort to keep straight. 

My steering wheel is slightly out of straight ahead, though it drives straight, which shows that they don't set them up properly at the factory (no excuse really) or that the dealer checks them properly at the PDI.

Most cars I've had from new have had the wheel nice and straight but not this one.

I wonder if it's had an accident and poorly repaired.

I once had a front wheel drop into an unlit telecom pit* which shortened the wheelbase which took careful measuring to detect .

It was an Austin 1800 'landcrab' , massive impact, massive strength, drove it home!

* army camp, national service.....Vietnam war

Edited by Ryeman

Hi all

that just confirms what I thought.

BTW watching the speech at todays conference T May is  pulling slightly left :)

Its from a Skoda dealer , in Telford UK, I wont mention which one, but I'm pretty disgusted , 3 years old , with 34K on the clock, just run in for a diesel.

I get the impression that the service manager is just too damn lazy to do his job.

I do have the option to return the yeti, but its all the hassle of amending the insurance, which there's an admin charge for. Road tax I'm exempt from , but it still needs another 

exemption cert for the dvla, so it could leave me without a car for a few weeks.

pain in the bum

Richard

After my treatment by that dealer (a while ago) I wouldn't use them again!! They seem to have drastically gone downhill.

I would suggest getting another dealer to look at it.

I've had three Yeti's none of which have had any tendency to pull to the left, unless as stated above, there has been a marked road camber.  Even then there is only a need to apply a slight pressure on the steering wheel to give the required correction.  Is it worth changing the wheels round front to back?  Have you had the wheels off to see if there is any kind of tyre damage, uneven wear?

It would be useful to know how old the Yeti is and how many miles done?

Has the pulling been from new and is this a new car, or a new to the owner used car?

If new or recently purchased used there is no need for the owner to go swapping tyres front to rear or the likes.

The supplying Dealer can do what they should have done and road tested the car pre delivery, or do it now and then resolve the matter.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/325807-newbie-monte-pulling-left

As to tyre fitting centres they are not usually road testing customers cars, 

and some 'Fitter' in a tyre centre might well say 'all Skoda pull to the left', simply because the see lots coming in Pulling to the left because Skoda, VW. Seat dealers often never resolve Pulling to the Left. 

Sometimes they put them to the Audi Dealership that has the gear and trained and qualified staff with the idea & ability to set up the alignment.

(Without returning the car with a squint steering wheel.)

Edited by Offski

I did get it checked before going back to the dealer by a tyre dealer part of the protrye group.

I have repeated used this dealer and my last car being a little lower on the road was prone to

pot hole damage.

My last a Fiat Stilo was always re-tracked by them before each time I drive down to the Balkans.

And I could confidently let go of the wheel at 100mph knowing it would continue in a straight line, which it did.

So from practical experience I have confidence in them and their equipment.

IT WAS NOT THEM WHO TOLD ME ALL SKODAS PULL LEFT

IT WAS THE SERVICE MANAGER AT THE SKODA DEALERSHIP.

Not shouting just in big print so it can be read !

Richard

• Like 2

So please to give some idea.

When was the Yeti first registered, how many miles has it covered, are these the original tyres, and what Brand & Size are they.

As it is the Service Manager at the dealership needs to go talk with the Workshop Manager or Master Technician and arrange to have your Yeti so that it does not Pull to the Left, 

or hold onto it until they can arrange for someone to come in that can.

'Simply Clever' at Skoda Dealerships.   They need to think on Customers and others safety.

Mine goes in a straight line no issues

I have to say I did have a Fabia Monte Carlo that did pull to the left but this seems to be a common thing with them.

Glenn