Amundsen woes after 1 day!

dstev2000

If there is a licensing cost, it'll already have been paid for the 1st instal I'd guess. Even Google and Apple can't have such a stranglehold that they can insist on the money again, surely.

My thoughts - either/both the dealer is trying to manage the expectation, and/or is thinking about the labour chargeable back to Skoda?

Just back from collecting the car. The head unit is totally borked and needs to be replaced. A new one is on order. 

The car was handed back clean and fully fuelled up. Hopefully won't have to wait too long for the replacement - which should be a relatively quick job to replace and pair with the car. 

• Like 1

This has come about at a good time for me.

I've a brand new yeti in work that also won't connect to the phone and the Bluetooth remains off. I did get it working only for it to fail a short time later.

It's no doubt going to be the MIB unit but I'm forced to jump through hoops before I can gain authorisation to replace it.

Just back from collecting the car. The head unit is totally borked and needs to be replaced. A new one is on order. 

The car was handed back clean and fully fuelled up. Hopefully won't have to wait too long for the replacement - which should be a relatively quick job to replace and pair with the car. 

Glad you got it sorted.

Glad you got it sorted.

I spoke too soon.....

The maxi dot display keeps freezing up, and the KESSY is playing up. It brings up the message 'key not found' despite the fob being next to the steering wheel. 

I am hoping it's the buggy head unit wreaking havoc across the CAN-BUS or something. I am tempted to pull the fuse for the head unit - if it's the only thing that fuse supplies of course! 

EDIT: Fuse 8 does the dash cluster, radio and telephone so that isn't going to work at all. 

My patience is wearing a little thin now......

Edited by dstev2000

Understand how you must feel, I'd be getting pretty screwed up by now. Have you tried the other key? Not sure it would make a scrap of difference but you never know.

Understand how you must feel, I'd be getting pretty screwed up by now. Have you tried the other key? Not sure it would make a scrap of difference but you never know.

It's SWMBO's car so I'm just getting a steady stream of text messages from her as the problems occur. 

It might be a coincidence but the car came with one key. The second key arrived last week and was paired with the car yesterday when it was having the software reload. The original key is still in use. 

Dodgy head unit, freezing maxidot display and a misbehaving KESSY system. Not good for a brand new car we collected just over a week ago  :thumbdown:

This looks like you may have to be thinking about rejecting the car completely unless they can come up with an assured remedy.

Get it back PDQ and get a loan car of similar spec until it's sorted one way or another.

This looks like you may have to be thinking about rejecting the car completely unless they can come up with an assured remedy.

Get it back PDQ and get a loan car of similar spec until it's sorted one way or another.

Yep, that's where I'm going to go with it unless the replacement Amundsen cures all of these bugs. The only positive is the glitches have only appeared after the Amundsen **** the bed. Hence my theory (or is it wishful thinking?) about it causing problems with linked systems on the car. 

I took my Superb in for a service this morning and asked for an update on the HU. The part is being sent from the factory in CZ. 7-10 WORKING DAYS! That is simply bo**0cks! I could DRIVE to the factory and back in much less time. 

I order parts in from all over the globe, most stuff from outside the EU is 2-4 days. Parts inside the EU can be overnight if necessary. I am amazed that a small and relatively lightweight part is basically 2 weeks away. 

As it stands, the Yeti has these problems: 

No radio/DAB

No media 

No sat nav 

No reversing camera

No Parkpilot

No hands free phone

In addition to that, the maxi dot freezes up at random and the KESSY is ****ing around (random 'No key found' errors despite the fob being in hand). I spoke to the tech and he said it's most likely the duff HU causing it. 

To be fair to the service chap, he made copious calls to try and speed it up, while I sat there looking VERY pi**ed off, but he's being told it can't be done. 

I've just raised a complaint with Skoda UK as I think this is a disgusting way to treat a customer who's just bought a £28k Yeti, and bought a £38k Superb not that long ago. 

The car worked for less than 24 hours from collection. Words cannot describe how ****ed off I am right now. 

As it stands, there is no decent case to reject the car, as the dealership is taking all reasonable steps to fix the problem. I will, however, look at this option again if the HU doesn't cure the problem, as the Maxidot/KESSY issue is concerning me. 

With the problems we're having with the Yeti, and the issues with my Superb. The Skoda brand is wearing very thin with me at the moment. 

I'm afraid complaining in my experience is a waste of time. I did during my long wait for a delivery time, I got an initial call after a few days from a young guy telling me a lot less than I knew through the dealer. I discussed the situation with him and he promised to call me back the following Thursday without fail even if he had no news. Of course he did not call. I raised a new complaint about the lack of information and the missed promised call and never heard another thing other than an automatic acknowledgement.

What hacks me off is every time I get something done at the dealers I get a questionnaire to complete and this never mentions Skoda UK. I've contacted the company and suggested that this should be implemented but this has fallen on deaf ears.

My understanding is that the 'support services' for Skoda UK are outsourced and frankly they do not understand the cars or internal processes very well at all.

Rant over, not for the first time on this subject.

I took my Superb in for a service this morning and asked for an update on the HU. The part is being sent from the factory in CZ. 7-10 WORKING DAYS! That is simply bo**0cks! I could DRIVE to the factory and back in much less time. 

I order parts in from all over the globe, most stuff from outside the EU is 2-4 days. Parts inside the EU can be overnight if necessary. I am amazed that a small and relatively lightweight part is basically 2 weeks away. 

As it stands, the Yeti has these problems: 

No radio/DAB

No media 

No sat nav 

No reversing camera

No Parkpilot

No hands free phone

In addition to that, the maxi dot freezes up at random and the KESSY is ****ing around (random 'No key found' errors despite the fob being in hand). I spoke to the tech and he said it's most likely the duff HU causing it. 

To be fair to the service chap, he made copious calls to try and speed it up, while I sat there looking VERY pi**ed off, but he's being told it can't be done. 

I've just raised a complaint with Skoda UK as I think this is a disgusting way to treat a customer who's just bought a £28k Yeti, and bought a £38k Superb not that long ago. 

The car worked for less than 24 hours from collection. Words cannot describe how ****ed off I am right now. 

As it stands, there is no decent case to reject the car, as the dealership is taking all reasonable steps to fix the problem. I will, however, look at this option again if the HU doesn't cure the problem, as the Maxidot/KESSY issue is concerning me. 

With the problems we're having with the Yeti, and the issues with my Superb. The Skoda brand is wearing very thin with me at the moment.

Assuming the car you’ve bought was purchased after October 2015, if it goes wrong within the first 30 days of ownership, you can simply reject it out of hand for a full refund. If a fault develops after those 30 days but within the first six months, the dealer gets one chance to fix it. If they fail to do this, you’re entitled to a full refund, or a partial refund after the use you’ve had of the car has been taken into account.

Read more: New car rights: Can I reject my car? | Carbuyer http://www.carbuyer.co.uk/tips-and-advice/your-new-car-rights#ixzz4Mz3GS0oc

Follow us: @CarbuyerUK on Twitter | CarbuyerUK on Facebook

I would be saying to the dealer, totally unacceptable, fix it or I'm reject it now, before the 30 days are up!

• Like 2

further to BillBham...

My youngest son's in-laws did that two months ago with a Kuga. 

Electrical failure, car completely dead, in-laws stranded, needed recovery to dealer on Day One!

After three days, 'sorted' but no explanation available for the cause.

Then, exactly the same thing Four Days Later, in-laws stranded again, recovered to dealer.

In-laws forcefully rejected the Kuga and the dealer was obliged to fully refund their money.

In-laws then immediately bought a new Kadjar, sitting in stock at another dealership along the road.

Yep, that's where I'm going to go with it unless the replacement Amundsen cures all of these bugs. The only positive is the glitches have only appeared after the Amundsen **** the bed. Hence my theory (or is it wishful thinking?) about it causing problems with linked systems on the car.

I would be insisting that they give you a courtesy car of an equal or better standard until it's fixed. You shouldn't be driving it with so many glitches.

It's not that black and white rejecting a car and the 2 scenarios being described here would have completely different outcomes.

A car breaking down continuously will indeed be good grounds to reject. A fault with the infotainment system however might not.

It's a tough call to be honest. The problems are (currently) annoyances more than anything. The initial infotainment bugs have spread to other systems in the car (KESSY and the Maxidot display) - or so it seems, unless these are new problems being masked by the original issue. 

Don't get me wrong, it's extremely frustrating that it has happened in the first place. The biggest gripe is the time it's taking to send a package the size of a shoe box to the UK from CZ - it's totally unacceptable and there will be another phone call to SUK in the morning. 

Coincidentally, I ordered a few bits from Superskoda (CZ). The parts were dispatched on Tuesday and arrived at my door this morning. I rest my case.......

If the car had broken down and left SWMBO and the kids stranded. I would be incandescent with rage and looking to give the car back. 

If the head unit fixes these bugs, I will accept it and file this in the "s*it happens" folder. If the bugs continue after this, the car will be going back, full stop. 

No matter what the outcome of this, it will be difficult to stay with the brand next time round. SWMBO's 2013 vRS was plagued with faults as well.