Robert/kilmarnock/scotland

Robedgar

Hi folks thought I'd join the club , just got myself a new vrs diesel Octavia estate , took the plunge after owning saabs for the last 20 years thought it was time for a change.

Was over on uk saabs and Saab central and many good really helpfull guys on there , so hopefully you lot are the same , although don't expect I'll be having many problems with the new car for a while I'm well impressed with it .

Robert

• Like 1

Hi Robert,

Welcome to the Forum, i have not been to Kilmarnock for 19 years, my Grandma was from there. I wonder if the Forum Cafe is still going ? Best Vanilla ice cream i ever had. Also the Coffee pot cafe, is that still in Business ? You will find the good people of this Forum will answer any questions you have usually within 24 hours. Enjoy the VRS.

Thanks .

The forum is still going strong , not sure about the coffee pot I don't remember that one and I've lived in killie for 37 years . I would doubt it nothing much lasts in the town these days the forum is an exception .. they have a good product !

Hi and thanks to all hi Sayers !

I think you mean the "coffee club", was on bank street across from scotch corner the famous toy shop . Had an orange coloured sign and inside was old dark wood floorboards . That's all I remember about it , long gone.

• Like 1

Hi Robert - I'm from Hurlford, so just along the road. White Superb Estate 190 SEL DSG. 3rd Skoda. Great cars. What colour is your Octavia ? Give's a wave if you see it about. Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late response been changing from Apple to android who'd have thought it would be so complicated , or maybe it's my age!

I'm white as well , I'll look out for you ! 80)

For yourself ? Aye you can just about get away with that on your 40th ! Very nice

Like I said before I always had pre GM saabs my last one was a silver hot aero convertible which was remapped and had a lot of extras, and I miss it.

I haven't had time to really get to know the octavia yet I don't do a lot of miles , but I will say as a complete skoda novice how impressed I am . It's pretty quick and I like the sound the doors make when you shut them it all seems solid and we'll put together. I've had it 2 months and I've done 300 miles and that's about my average so I'm not expecting to get to know under the bonnet for a few years fingers crossed!