Citigo Colour Edition - Facelift, replaced PID Or not?

peugeot_205_gti

All,

Just ordered a Citigo Colour Edition, already built so just has 2 weeks til arrival.

I have seen a lot about the facelift which includes the removal of the PID which instead is replaced with a fancy phone holder. The Dash itself looks to have also changed, now in colour. I see VW up has had the same change.

Anyway, when i spoke to the dealer he mentioned about my car coming with the PID. My experience with them hasn't been great in my Wife's CItigo, but maybe it just needs a reset/update or is faulty. We don't even bother using it because of the Bluetooth issues.

Dealer was confident i'd be getting the PID version but i was really hoping my colour edition would be a facelift with phone holder.

What do you all think? 

When using car configurator online it gives me the option to ADD PID, even to the SE but maybe the webpage has't updated yet?

Thanks

The app you get instead of the PID on the 2017 version is not good. The sat nav function is slow to update your position and I can't get it to give me spoken instructions. It also hit miss whether it will connect first time or after the forth attempt.

It's good that you can connect your via USB to play music but all the other functions are via Bluetooth.

The app you get instead of the PID on the 2017 version is not good. The sat nav function is slow to update your position and I can't get it to give me spoken instructions. It also hit miss whether it will connect first time or after the forth attempt.

It's good that you can connect your via USB to play music but all the other functions are via Bluetooth.

Hi,

That makes me feel a little better then! 

Its never been great since we got it.

The main issue being that Bluetooth music streams often louder out of one speaker than the other (tried in 2 Citigos and different phones), music cuts out for less than a second and then plays the music slower before speeding right up too fast and then finally playing at correct speed after around 15 seconds. This happens every 10mins or so.

My Twingo done the same though with the speed stuff so maybe that is just Bluetooth tech.

This is why i was hoping my colour edition would get the new kit, seems unlikely. 

Good news is that i have actually read some good things about the PID, so maybe we have a faulty one.

Have you experienced the PID?

Cheers

I've found Bluetooth to be flaky when playing music on any device so I think think that's just a "feature" of Bluetooth. That's why I'm glad you can now connect via USB.

I've not had any experience with the PID as this is my first Citigo

I've found Bluetooth to be flaky when playing music on any device so I think think that's just a "feature" of Bluetooth. That's why I'm glad you can now connect via USB.

I've not had any experience with the PID as this is my first Citigo

I see.

Does the USB connection allow you to play Spotify from phone as well or just music tracks stored on it?

I see.

Does the USB connection allow you to play Spotify from phone as well or just music tracks stored on it?

I don't know, the owners manual doesn't mention anything about music streaming apps and it's not something I tend to do anyway. Might try it just out of curiosity.