Service Display Problem

mozart

My Yeti was serviced by the dealer three weeks ago.  It's on variable servicing and the display was reset.  A week ago the display reads "Service Now"  and I get the"bong" when ignition is turned on.  Any comments gratefully received.

To be honest it looks like they did not reset the service display correctly.. I always check mine before I leave, variable service, and initially it does not give a date or mileage until the car has been run for a few miles.

• Like 1

This is not uncommon. I have posted on this. Two years running after a fixed service mine has needed to be returned twice each year for a re-set. I have checked each time after servicing and the display has been correct. It has had a blip 2 to 4 weeks later each time.

It requires what the garage call a "hot fix". I have been told the garage needs to log the fault so Skoda UK can alter the software updates and iron out the glitch. If they do not and simply do a hot fix the problem could arise next service, as mine did.

Colin

Yesterday, a different problem. Engine management light flashes a few times then goes out. Car goes into limp mode and EPC light comes on. Drove straight to dealer. Stopped and restarted engine. EPC  light out and car running normally. Dealer could find no fault and reset service display.  Admitted they had had some problems with Skoda software.