OEM Intercooler (ASZ / BLT) - Difference and recommendations

rhauri

Hey folks,

Is there any difference between the OEM intercooler for the ASZ engine or BLT engine?

i.e.: Would the below fit my 2005 ASZ engined vRS?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-MK1-vRS-2005-07-1-9-TDI-BLT-INTERCOOLER-RAD-6Q0-145-604-E-6Q0145604E-/222262905799?hash=item33bfe6cbc7:g:qykAAOSwmLlX6jTX

Also, has anyone had any luck with pattern parts such as the below? Or any other recommendations?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-2004-2007-INTERCOOLER-1-9-TDi-MANUAL-AC-03-05-ASZ-/142101948663?fits=Model%3AFabia&hash=item2115efa8f7:g:BXUAAOSwAKxWZL4-

Thanks all!!

Cool, that's good then.

Well my intercooler is shot too, done well to last 199k!

So changing over the IC as well as looking for a solution to sort out boost leaks from the pipes.

I think I'm gonna try the self tappers first as its a cheap/free solution, although not the prettiest.

That said, I have also been looking at putting together a DIY boost pipe kit with parts off eBay and IC couplers from Forge, just trying to work out whats needed for the Turbo > IC pipe.

Where a bouts are you, as I have my old side mount and all the pipes that isn't worth trying to sell. I'd be happy to hand it over to you. But I'm in Preston Lancashire, depends where you are.

JRJG

Ah really?! That would be awesome!

I'm only in Southport, Merseyside mate, happy to drive to you or which ever?

Only about 20 / 25 minutes away on a good run.

Edited by rhauri

Excellent, are you free later on this evening (after eight), I'm happy to come part way, I could come out towards Longton, which way would you be coming from?

I'll sling it all in the boot this afternoon. Any other bits you may need.

By the way - my lower boost pipe is self tapped! You can what you wish with it, I'll bring it along anyway.

PM me your mobile number!

JRJG

• Like 2

Intercooler fitted and works a dream - cheers mate!! Awesome result.

Think I'm going to put together the DIY hard & silicone pipe kit for the top hose, and that should cure my boost leaks, everything underneath seems alright.