PID Problems - Update

peugeot_205_gti

Hi,

My wife's PID has been pretty poor with Bluetooth, we have had the car over 2 years but never updated it so wanted to give it a try to see if it resolves the issues.

I have downloaded the Garmin Fresh software and plugged in the PID via usb.

The PID screen comes, Skoda logo shows up then an image to show its connected to PC. My PC even sees it because the Windows 7 'Autoplay' comes up.

The problem is the PID only connects for about 2 seconds, the powers off then comes on again  and then get stuck in a loop. I left it for 15mins and it just continued doing it until i removed the USB.

If i try and power the PID on without being connected the PC or car then it won't turn on at all.

Any ideas? Could it be the battery at fault? Maybe just needs a full charge on the PID stand?

Thanks

Battery fault, these need replacing every year or so, at least that's what I found on my unit and I suspect is the same issue with you, see here - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/395040-broken-garmin-pid-solved/?hl=%2Bpid+%2Bbattery#entry4590005

• Like 1

Alternatively, it could be, that the battery of the unit is low on power. Are you sure it gets enough power at your computer, trying other port might help. You could try other power sources aswell, if you have different USB chargers and leave the unit there for few hours. And finally you could leave it charging at car while driving, if all these other things aren't succesful.

-eelis-

Edited by eelis

All,

So i asked my wife to use the PID on her way to work and back and i also done a 25 miles round trip myself the same evening whilst using and charging PID at same time.

This morning i tried to connect to PC and it worked perfectly so it obviously just needed some charge in it. 

Tried updating as well and it worked perfectly, hopefully Bluetooth improved? I'll have to test at the weekend.

Thanks all

i found the best way to resolve (with my iphone) was to delete the pairing from the phone first then from the PID and then re connect. i have had issues after every IOS update from apple (ios10 most recently - was getting no audio at all, then would drop connection after 2 mins) and this fixed it every time.

• 1 month later...

Nearly 1 year old and have had intermittent PID issues. Most recent my phone would connect but without a transmit side, no body could here me. Reset BT and a week later happens again. After start up, as the doors closing the image freezes showing car silhouette which remains on for several minutes before returning to home screen. Lastly radio ON, tap Media, nothing happens, display freezes. Of course, none of this is major but what was annoying was the dealer service department's attitude. Bring it to me when it acts up and we'll see if something is wrong with it! The cheek of the man. Claims there is no test function that the service department can perform on the PID. And of course this is under warranty. The quality after service email arrives and I claimed it was unsatisfactory. Then I get a phone call asking about the service experience. Awaiting appointment with the Service Manager. Disappointed about the PID and the resultant service.

jdcitigo, have you tried to clean your pid contacts and same goes to cradle, both ends? Try also to reconnect the pid and the cradle, that they are fully attached.

-eelis-

I'm now on my 4th PID in 2 years. Now dealing with VAG customer services about it. Unit is not capable of performing the tasks its advertised as doing. Was actually thinking of trading in against a Kodiaq next year when my deal is up but this has been annoying enough to put me off Skoda/VAG cars.

Nearly 1 year old and have had intermittent PID issues. Most recent my phone would connect but without a transmit side, no body could here me. Reset BT and a week later happens again. After start up, as the doors closing the image freezes showing car silhouette which remains on for several minutes before returning to home screen. Lastly radio ON, tap Media, nothing happens, display freezes. Of course, none of this is major but what was annoying was the dealer service department's attitude. Bring it to me when it acts up and we'll see if something is wrong with it! The cheek of the man. Claims there is no test function that the service department can perform on the PID. And of course this is under warranty. The quality after service email arrives and I claimed it was unsatisfactory. Then I get a phone call asking about the service experience. Awaiting appointment with the Service Manager. Disappointed about the PID and the resultant service.

jdcitigo, have you tried to clean your pid contacts and same goes to cradle, both ends? Try also to reconnect the pid and the cradle, that they are fully attached.

-eelis-

I'm now on my 4th PID in 2 years. Now dealing with VAG customer services about it. Unit is not capable of performing the tasks its advertised as doing. Was actually thinking of trading in against a Kodiaq next year when my deal is up but this has been annoying enough to put me off Skoda/VAG cars.

For those that missed it, try replacing the battery for a few ££, could fix your problems, if not, return the battery

Battery fault, these need replacing every year or so, at least that's what I found on my unit and I suspect is the same issue with you, see here - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/395040-broken-garmin-pid-solved/?hl=%2Bpid+%2Bbattery#entry4590005

• 3 weeks later...

Well as a wee update Skoda UK customer service have had my PID for over a fortnight now and are telling me there is nothing wrong with the unit and that it is not compatible with any Iphones newer than an Iphone 5. Bit wierd since I had a 5s when I bought it originally and it worked fine with that and my wife's Iphone 6. Fun fun fun

• 2 years later...

I have this on my PID its just stuck in a loop with the logo over and over, so its deffo the battery needs replacing..........can an expert confirm, before I launch the thing at the wall.........

Also can this unit be used in a VW UP cheers..... (as long as I dont launch it)

Edited by largedenims
wibble wobble........

3 hours ago, largedenims said:

I have this on my PID its just stuck in a loop with the logo over and over, so its deffo the battery needs replacing..........can an expert confirm, before I launch the thing at the wall.........

Also can this unit be used in a VW UP cheers..... (as long as I dont launch it)

Yes it can be used in the SEAT MII, Citigo, VW UP. 

I think it can also be used in some of the older Ibiza’s too 

just gotta reset it via the Garmin fresh app on your computer  

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yes it can be used in the SEAT MII, Citigo, VW UP. 

I think it can also be used in some of the older Ibiza’s too 

just gotta reset it via the Garmin fresh app on your computer  

Cheers boss I will give it a whirl 

• Thanks 1