Uk prices released

pmdc199

• Administrators

Reckon I can get that for 18 something in the base spec. Awaiting the config and dealer pricing before adding it to the cars project.

I suspect the base spec won't have that much on it though at that price for that much body work. 

Hmmm..... So if I want my Kodiaq to tow more than my Yeti (2100kg tow weight) I have to buy a lower spec, less powerful, 5 seat version (2500kg tow weight) because the higher specs all have 7 seats (2000kg tow weight)!

Own goal Skoda and time for a new Land Rover I'm afraid. Such a shame....

Edited by PirateSyrett

Hmmm..... So if I want my Kodiaq to tow more than my Yeti (2100kg tow weight) I have to buy a lower spec, less powerful, 5 seat version (2500kg tow weight) because the higher specs all have 7 seats (2000kg tow weight)!

Own goal Skoda and time for a new Land Rover I'm afraid. Such a shame....

Maybe there will be a no-cost remove option? 

• Like 1

This is all speculatory apart from how Skoda R&D are testing the BiTDI engine and are currently looking at business cases for that engine, and Sportline/Scout/vRS models.

Folks,

Saw this from Skoda UK on a facebook thread about the pricing announcements:

"Does this help:
Here are some of the specs for you:

S
From £21,495 (OTR), the specification list includes LED daytime running lights, 17-inch Ratikon alloy wheels, leather multifunction steering wheel and manual air-conditioning. S models also feature Front Assist, KESSY Go, Swing touchscreen infotainment system, DAB digital radio and SmartLink for seamless smartphone connectivity. The S model is available with a 1.4 TSI 125PS engine only.

SE
From £22,945 (OTR), the specification list includes 18-inch Elbrus alloy wheels, sunset glass, cruise control and rear parking sensors. Customers also benefit from a Bolero touchscreen infotainment system with eight-inch display, dual-zone climate control, rain and light sensors and auto-dimming rear view mirrors. Seven seats are available as a £1,000 option in SE trim.

SE L
From £28,595 (OTR) Among the equipment highlights are seven seats, which now become standard, powered tailgate, 19-inch Sirius alloy wheels, and Columbus navigation system with WiFi. Drive Mode Select, Alcantara upholstery, heated front seats and full LED headlights are also included as standard on all SE L models.

Edition
From £30,695 (OTR). Standard equipment includes 19-inch Triglav alloy wheels, seven seats, leather upholstery, metallic paint and chrome roof rails. Technology features include Lane Assist, High Beam Assist, wireless charging and phone box, and Blind spot detection.

Thanks,
ŠKODA UK"

Useful as a start.

KP

• Like 3

Odd to see Front Assist and MFSW on the S, but having to go up to an SEL to get standard Sat Nav.

Yeah, I thought some of those spec choices seemed a bit odd. I wondered if they're loading some cheaper options onto the entry level model to get the early sales figures up. With a completely new model you must have to sell a few to get the recognition and awareness.

• Administrators

Well they yanked the fabia vRS for poor sales... I cannot imagine a kodiaq barge vRS selling that well, you're dangerously close to better players at 40k especially on the PCP schemes per month, more so when it's car park bragging rights. Then again an offroader with 19" will keep the alloy industry busy. I nearly lost a tooth in the Octy 230 rs pulling into a grass layby with a 1" stone hidden in the grass.

Of course road tests needed, it might handle like a cheetah on steroids. It's simply clever marketing otherwise :D

I will of course, ask as I do, for a member to get a chance to go on the launch, if so invited. 

Lets be accurate, the Skoda CEO now departed said he was not going to replace the Fabia vRS, and the sales increased, & they kept on producing them,

the vRS Fabia Twincharger in the UK sold almost the same number as VW Polo GTI, Seat Cupra & Audi A1 185ps Twincharger Sister cars put together.

The Mk2 Fabia vRS was discontinued as the MK2 Fabia were, not early.

http://topgear.com/car-news/hot-hatch/skoda-will-kill-fabia-vrs

The 1.4 TSI / TFSI Twincharger engines have had a failure rate great than 1 in 3 from the production 2009-2012 and still are failing, 

The cars that have had replacement engines have had these fail as well.

and then number produced 2012-2014 are starting to fail.

MAYBE A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE CEO's APOLOGISING FOR THE FAILURES AND LACK OF CONTACT WITH OWNERS OVER THIS WOULD BE A NICE GESTURE, AND HONEST.

http://revotechnik.com/support/technical/14tsi-twincharger-engine-issues

VW went on to now sell a Polo GTI 1.8TSI as has Seat with the Ibiza Cupra 1.8TSI.

Maybe world wide sales are good, maybe the UK sales are good, or is it just the usual first registering and selling as used cars,

but then VW usually says that the UK is the buyer of hot hatches, odd when the likes of the Audi S1 are so poor as were the A1 185ps.

So Skoda & VW spin lots like with the success of the Fabia Mk2 Monte Carlo, 

saying they thought they would sell 3,000 and they produced 20,000.

They had to introduce the Monte Carlo Tech and specials to get sales because they were over priced and not selling. 'Simply Clever' tell the truth.

There must have been good sales in the rest of the world because they only sold twice as much as the Mk2 Fabia vRS in the UK.

Poor sales but available in petrol or diesel in different power outputs and manual gearboxes.

(Sporty looks, Rally Inspired, Motorsport Heritage, all with a max 105ps on offer and fitted with rear drum brakes, more show and no more go.)

Edited by Offski

Loving the look of the new kodiaq, that is until I saw the back of it. something doesn't quite look right. the angles don't seem right or maybe it sits too high. Can't quite put my finger on it. I guess ill have to see one in the flesh and have another look. the Seat ateca is a much better looking car for me.

Just looked at the flyer received from SKODA and when looking at the models available I was surprised to see that the 2.0 TSi 180 PS engine is only shown as available with 4x4 BUT no mention of DSG whereas other specs show where DSG is available.

Does this mean that I would not be able to spec the 2.0 TSi with DSG ?

I do not want to have a manual KODIAQ and certainly do not want a diesel with diesel particulate filter issues for low mileage driving as I had with a previous Superb.

It seems that there is a 1.4 TSi with DSG with or without 4 x 4 but how does this engine with 150 PS compare with the current 1.8 TSi with 183PS which I have in my Octavia.

Just noticed that in the very first post by PMDC199  there is another link to the spec and pricing of the Kodiaq which does show the Kodiaq available in 2.0 TSi with 180 PS and with DSG and as well, the pricing is the same in both SKODA documents.

http://www.skoda.co....default.aspx?TW 

Which one is correct !!!!

& it is with the 7 Speed DSG in 180ps 2.0TSI 4x4 in the higher specs which is nice.

(only 5 seats though.)

Edited by Offski