Official Recalls on some Mk3 Superbs. Not Skoda Service Campaigns.

Ootohere

On 15/10/2019 at 20:58, Skoda_Doug said:

I am having issues with my 19 plate Superb 1.5 TSi with 6 speed manual gearbox. Issues with jumping along in 1st gear when cold and stalling at junctions for no apparent reason. I contacted Skoda this evening and there is a recall campaign 24EU which Skoda or Skoda dealer had not informed me that I needed / was entitled to to fix my car's issues! Very poor service. I have booked my car in via Arnold Clark website for Thursday to hopefully get it sorted. I will report back after1902377393_livechat2141019.thumb.png.6f6e271d1e41563e7dcf050d15e3b7e0.png2048212775_livechat1141019.thumb.png.aa176406578e116848a17cc6d0f414d7.pngwards.

Thanks for this. 

I've just enquired about whether this has been applied to my new Superb 1.5 TSI (got it in November) as I've had the same symptoms a few times. Each time I thought it was something I'd done! 

My car reg doesn't work in the recall checker app. 

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/10/2019 at 20:58, Skoda_Doug said:

I am having issues with my 19 plate Superb 1.5 TSi with 6 speed manual gearbox. Issues with jumping along in 1st gear when cold and stalling at junctions for no apparent reason. I contacted Skoda this evening and there is a recall campaign 24EU which Skoda or Skoda dealer had not informed me that I needed / was entitled to to fix my car's issues! Very poor service. I have booked my car in via Arnold Clark website for Thursday to hopefully get it sorted. I will report back after

Hi Doug

Has the recall software update that you had done back in October last year rectified the kangarooing and hesitation issues? 

• 6 months later...
On 09/07/2017 at 10:49, e-Roottoot said:

No but there are recalls on older models in other countries and currently New Builds in Dealerships not being delivered waiting for parts due to failures Recall.

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

On 08/12/2017 at 10:39, rytmask said:

Had that done recently. The official reason: it might have released unexpectedly at some (was not specified which) gradient levels.

Bought our Superb3 in April 16. Had problems with electric parking brake from about 6months old. Skoda UK insisted “driver error”. It would randomly Release, twice whilst I was outside the vehicle. Once the car ran int a banking smashing a rear light & half removing the back bumper. Skoda uk still insisted “driver error”. The second time we were on the docks in Dunkerque. I had got out from the car to show customs the boot contents when the car rolled back towards them. I managed to jump in the car & stop in. Finally after lots of phone calls to Skoda uk I got a call from the dealer. They replaced the switch on the centre console & the sensor on the pedal. No problems since. The annoying thing- it took 3 years to get this fixed, just outside the warranty period even though I asked them time after time to check & replace the sensors only to be told “we can’t do that sir!!”  Cost was £110 only. 

• 4 months later...

My car didn't show up on any websites/recall checkers over the last year.

Took car in for it's first 'inspection' and they applied the 1.5 TSI software update. It's now smooth as butter when cold compare to being a bit jumpy

for the first minute or so of cold engine driving.

If only I'd rang the dealer and asked before!