Advise - found broken wires ><

Having had a few electric issues with abs/ traction/ power steering .... i set off to check whats going on, first was to check power steering fluid. Its full no issues. I then noticed this lot of wiring that has been rubbing on the ABS pump... is this loom in the correct position? if so this must be a common issues, the pump looks like it is designed to have movment as its on rubber bushings.

WP 20161014 14 10 14 Pro

WP 20161014 14 09 47 Pro

I can see at least 3 wires split, with two open wires touching each other, not good... can any one suggest how i get access to these wires, do i really need to removethe ABS pump ..?

Cheers in advance.

You need to bleed it with VCDS. Theres a procedure somewhere on Google.

I wasn't sure mine actually worked when I replaced the Fabia's ABS with an Ibiza unit, but its been alright for 18months so must have. Basically the VCDS procedure activates the pump. Think I did it with a Eazibleed attached at the same time. Pushed a lot of fluid through mind to be sure as my system had been completely dry.

If you find you still have trapped air after bleeding each wheel it may help if you do the rears in tandem and then the fronts in tandem before going round and bleeding each wheel individually again.

Its a lot easier if you have VCDS to run the pump

You need to bleed it with VCDS. Theres a procedure somewhere on Google.

I wasn't sure mine actually worked when I replaced the Fabia's ABS with an Ibiza unit, but its been alright for 18months so must have. Basically the VCDS procedure activates the pump. Think I did it with a Eazibleed attached at the same time. Pushed a lot of fluid through mind to be sure as my system had been completely dry.

cant really find anything like a guide.

ive bled the calipers but pedal is still bit soft

Edited by FromTheDarkness

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=4495663

Works for the Fabia too... the guide is linked on Brisky but my limited 10 seconds google didn't bring up the Brisky one :p

Ok but : [03] ABS Brakes

• Coding

• ABS Pump Bleeding

• Steering Angle Sensor Calibration – Bosch 5.7 & 8.0

Is all i got from that, so i go into ABS then what? coding/ output/ basic setting?
 - And then how does it calibrate?

- Ive also in the time doing this somehow caused my n75 sensor to fail, i did remove the top boost hose, to get access to brake fluid well, and i turned on the ignition. but did not turn the engine over... seems a little OTT if this cased it to fail, ive checked all the wires to the n75 and all seems fine.

- Car is in limp mode with a manifold pressure sensor error

Have you strained the wiring to the MAP sensor somehow?

Have you strained the wiring to the MAP sensor somehow?

Ive checked the MAP and it all seems fine, how ever in vcds for got what block im thinking 10/11 the first column reads 0.00, and it should move as i accelerate ??? the only wiring that was touched was the vacuum box as i had to disconnect it to remove strut bar, to get access to the brake fluid well. 

That's the INDEX, try reading the relevant section of the GUIDE!

Doh ive downloaded it, will try this purge thing. Would our ABS unit be the Bosch 5.7 or 8.0

Hi there I did mine a few months ago.vag com bleeds it ,it tells you when to pump pedal etc .I also bled mine manualy was fine its not as jard as it sounds.I left penetrating oil on caliper bleed nipples over night whicvj was very helpful

Ok ABS pump purged,

- but my car is having a frigging melt down, after stripping all the electrical tape on the MAP sensor wiring, and up top at the vacuum box (N75) all is in tack, and now taped back up !! I connected -+ battery terminals, and the faults diapered and car ran fine, but then now it throws up a oil warning light, even tho the oil is fine, also goes into limp mode.... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ABS pump purged,

- but my car is having a frigging melt down, after stripping all the electrical tape on the MAP sensor wiring, and up top at the vacuum box (N75) all is in tack, and now taped back up !! I connected -+ battery terminals, and the faults diapered and car ran fine, but then now it throws up a oil warning light, even tho the oil is fine, also goes into limp mode.... 

this abs pump is still not right, not sure i did it correctly. Having read that vcds tells you to bleed the front.. but it never said anything about the rears...

When I replaced my ABS unit I bleed normally with a pressure (easibleed) unit & did the closest to the furthest. I then used VCDS to activate the pump & then rebled all again.

I bled about 0.5lt via each caliper, I just used cheap fluid to do this to get rid of the air. I then after a few weeks of driving replaced with better stuff & just normal pressure bled..

• Like 1