Octavia III Facelift

It looks really good with twin headlamps.

I am interested if they upgrade the interior and if they fix all issues the original car has.

Which are the top issues that were reported about the original Octavia MK III ?

Soundproofing / suspension / interior quality ? etc.

Thanks.

2017-Skoda-Octavia-facelift-front-three-

Edited by umbral
  • Like 1

I think I will wait until I see one in the flesh before I judge. The car in the picture above doesn't look all that bad though.

As for when we may see it, a Czech website reports in a news article (written in English) carries this report which also gives an insight as to at least some of what we might see in 2018 and also mentions that, in 2019, we might see a hybrid.....

http://www.radio.cz/en/section/business/skoda-auto-to-present-upgraded-octavia-at-the-start-of-2017

HTIOI,

Dave

I'm really not convinced by the headlights at all. Aside from being an old Mercedes design, the two short DRL strips at different angles look broken.
I also don't understand why they haven't gone for something similar to the Superb & Kodiaq.

The rear light clusters look ok, and I couldn't see much difference inside. Lets hope there's some technology improvements to make it all worthwhile.

Seat was smarter. They updated the front bumper a little bit, interior is a little bit nicer ant it seems that has better materials.

Skoda no...... we have to ruin this quite nice looking car.

Maybe the new Jetta is comming out and Octavia was a pain in the ass.

That one ugly looking car what are skoda doing the mk3 octy was a very good looking car and now they made it in to that thing was going to get a new octy my only hope is the new vRS looks better

It can be somewhat saved by tinting the grill and small lights. 

Made a quick Mockup and added the vRS bumper features 

30558305176_b75d848e28_o.jpg

Too bad that it may be considered illegal. Considering that you are making modifications to front lights. But it looks way better, that is true.

It can be somewhat saved by tinting the grill and small lights. 

Made a quick Mockup and added the vRS bumper features 

30558305176_b75d848e28_o.jpg

How much legally required lighting does that tinting cut?

I actually think the facelift looks better than the artist's renderings we've seen ove the past months. The outer lamps looked too small. IMHO.

Looking at the photos in the link posted above, there's a third column stalk (on the lower left of the steering wheel) - is that already there on current LHD models, or does this indicate (sorry!) a re-arrangement of the controls?

Looking at the photos in the link posted above, there's a third column stalk (on the lower left of the steering wheel) - is that already there on current LHD models, or does this indicate (sorry!) a re-arrangement of the controls?

It is on current models too LHD and RHD. It is what you get with ACC.

That one ugly looking car what are skoda doing the mk3 octy was a very good looking car and now they made it in to that thing was going to get a new octy my only hope is the new vRS looks better

With respect Rob you'd better go down to Specsavers, you are taking outta your bottom.

I've owned/driven 4 outta the 5 versions of the Octavia and NONE of them are good looking. They are cavernous family cars at good value prices but, good looking ? You are having a giraffe

With respect Rob you'd better go down to Specsavers, you are taking outta your bottom.

I've owned/driven 4 outta the 5 versions of the Octavia and NONE of them are good looking. They are cavernous family cars at good value prices but, good looking ? You are having a giraffe

I'd hardly call the Mk3 a bad looking car?!!

It's not going to win any shows, or make people say "wow", but in the right form it's a smart looking car.

• Like 1