New Rapid Engine Break-In Question

NikolayZhelev

Hi fellows,

My name is Nikolay and I'm pleased to join Skoda family with my new Rapid Style, 1.2 TSI, 5M, DOM: September 2016. Having in mind, that's my first new car, I've never done any engine break-in before, thats why I need your advices.

According to Skoda Service Manual, during the first 1000 km, the engine should be operated within 3/4 of it's maximum RPM, which according to my calculation is 4500 RPM max. Between 1000 km and 1500 km the engine should be operated within it's maximum RPM, which is 6000 RPM.

Could you please advise from your experience, what is the best practice for engine break-in? Shall I avoid using the start/stop system during the first 1500 km? Shall I keep low gear and higher rpm's (within 4500 RPM interval)?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind Regards,
Nick

Edited by NikolayZhelev