DRL Light, help appreciatedh

It's probably one of the bulbs becoming old and discoloured.

I'd just replace the pair of them, I think they are P21W but I would suggest you find some 'long life' or 'super long life' versions otherwise they might not last long :)

• 3 months later...

• 1 month later...
On 09/02/2017 at 14:07, numskull said:

Nope, work perfectly.

Sorry to jump in an old post but these bulbs you got, how long did they last or are they still going? And did they bring up the bulb warning light?

Thank you. 

1 hour ago, daveyg26 said:

Sorry to jump in an old post but these bulbs you got, how long did they last or are they still going? And did they bring up the bulb warning light?

Thank you. 

No, no issues with warnings. They're around 3 years old and as bright as the day I first installed them.

Edited by numskull

5 hours ago, numskull said:

No, no issues with warnings. They're around 3 years old and as bright as the day I first installed them.

Ok I might look at getting some. I bought these osram ones but they don't work at all. I'm not sure if it's because they are only 2.5w or I also read that the drls are negative centre pin? I'll have to check it out. 

20170327_175702.jpg

5 hours ago, daveyg26 said:

Ok I might look at getting some. I bought these osram ones but they don't work at all. I'm not sure if it's because they are only 2.5w or I also read that the drls are negative centre pin? I'll have to check it out. 

Well, I can confirm they work perfectly...

15 hours ago, daveyg26 said:

20170327_175702.jpg

Hi, when you say they didn't work well do you mean they were not very bright? I assumed Osrams would be great, but thought they needed a CANBUS adaptor to stop errors.

21 minutes ago, williamshatnerspants said:

Hi, when you say they didn't work well do you mean they were not very bright? I assumed Osrams would be great, but thought they needed a CANBUS adaptor to stop errors.

They didn't work at all in the drls. I tried some cheaper led' s that I had from before and they worked but flickered. The osram ones wouldn't work even slightly. 

I tried them in the rear fogs just to make sure they do work and they worked. Really confused me. 

• Like 1

I also just purchased a set of LED DRLs for my 12' Superb. They are Cree bulbs built with canbus in mind. Plug and play and they work great. No warning lights and no flickering etc. 

Joe E.

IMG_0757.JPG

IMG_0770.PNG