exenon lights

skippy41

Noticed last night for the first time, when swmbo used the screen wash, that the headlights where washed at the same time, I was under the impression that only models fitted with exnon lights had them , could someone please clarify this, as we only have the bog standard useless headlights

It's not unheard of for halogen headlights to have washers installed, it's just not a requirement.

It's also not clear what car you're asking about. Is it the Superb in your signature or a Yeti as that's the section you've posted in?

Anyway, as a section appropriate example, the Yeti Outdoor SE Business had halogens and headlight washers as standard looking at this brochure from 2014: http://www.skoda.co.uk/sitecollectiondocuments/brochures/se_business_range_brochure_april_2014.pdf

standard thing I think, my mk 1 does this occaisionally when my wipers are first fired up - think it could be every 5 initial switch ons, there is a ref in my manual, I can't check currently as the car is elsewhere! someone will be along to clarify!

Noticed last night for the first time, when swmbo used the screen wash, that the headlights where washed at the same time, I was under the impression that only models fitted with exnon lights had them , could someone please clarify this, as we only have the bog standard useless headlights

Perfectly normal. SE and above got headlight washers no matter what headlights are fitted.

• Like 1

Yes its a Yeti swmbo has 4x4 12 plate,

Just as a foot note, would fitting HIDs affect the BCM on them

A '12 plate Yeti will have a similar BCM to a MK2 FL Octavia and MK2 Superb so the risk will still be there.