Turbo actuator issue? VCDS info required

Hi All

2010 170CR FL

I had issues with limp mode and eventually traced a fault with the turbo actuator. I have replaced this and no more limp mode issues or errors however the car is still not running correctly.

It gives very slow, held back acceleration up to around 2500rpm. Between 200rpm and 2500rpm there is a distinct shuddering and then at 2500rpm the boost kicks in properly and the car accelerates normally.

I assumed that the turbo actuator was incorrectly set so took the car into a local tuning place to be setup correctly.

When I got the car back it was still driving the same but the guy gave me a print out with two other errors on it (sensor or broken wire issue).

I now have VCDS and did a scan and there were no errors reported.

I want to check that the turbo actuator is correctly setup but I am unsure how to do this.

Somebody kindly posted reading that it should be in a post a wee while back but I need to know what the exact procedure is for testing and adjusting it correctly.

I realise VCDS should show a certain voltage at a certain vacuum for the actuator but when this is set, I would assume that the lever that adjusts the turbo vanes should be locked at a certain position for the actuator position to be correct?

Is that the case?

The car is drivable if you take it easy (accelerate very gently) up to 2500rpm but it is also using approx 25% more fuel at lower revs. On a decent run at around 2000 - 2500rpm and over, it gives normal consumption figures.

Can someone advise me how to get this sorted please?

Cheers

Dave