Fabia vrs mileage

Thomson

Looking to buy a Fabia vrs in the future just keeping a eye on and learning the market and looking out for mileage history price etc.

What mileage would people buy on?

How much does the mileage factor on your decision to buy one?

what's people's thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget service history. The PD engines will suffer if they have been neglected in terms of oil changes or had incorrect spec oil.

(That is assuming you mean the MK1 Fabia Vrs)

Edited by AshVrs

How short are we talking? I currently drive 2 miles down the road to work in my Octy pd140 in the winter! Lol I do always make a conscious effort to let it warm up though and I have removed the egr valve. I always try and take the car for a good spin at the weekend but what I do with it is far from ideal.

Short commutes in any car won't help with regard to carbon build up and there is always a chance you could experience oil emulsification from condensation build up on the inside of the cam cover.

Not ideal to be doing stop start short trips in a fab vrs, as in any diesel. But also not a disaster either. I shouldn't have a diesel as I only do a four miles either way commute every day, however I haven't had any problems relating to such short journeys. But regularly on a quiet road once it's warmed up I give it a bit of a kick up the arse and blow it's nose.

Ideally you want your oil to be warming up completely and staying at running temperature for a while, which won't happen on short trips.

JRJG