Correct fuel pump?

Is this the correct fuel pump or even engine for my car? been looking at a guide for  the mk2 VRS and it looks nothing like the one i have.

The car is a mk2 VRS Petrol. same car as the guide I've looked at but the pumps look completely different.

Also there seems to be a missing pipe of the inlet any ideas what should be there?

20161021_121840_zpschnauuhq.jpg

Is your car pre facelift mk2 vrS Petrol? That will be why. It is likely an EA113 series engine.  The engine was changed to an EA888 series when Face Lift models were released and amongst other things, a roller cam follower fuel pump was used as well as a change from Belt to Chain timing drive.

Yours is probably more like the one in the linked video "how to check cam follower for wear.......". Fuel lines and their fittings maybe slightly different but the pump should match up with yours.

http://shopdap.com/vw-audi-2-0t-fsi-cam-follower-and-camshaft-wear-problems/ 

Edited by TheClient

No mine is a facelift VRS

CCZA Engine?  The fuel pump you have pictured looks a lot like mine and mine is a FL CCZA. I'll have another look tonight I'm going from recollection but I'm pretty confident that is the unit on my vehicle.

Edit: Another thought. Is the car modified, stage 2 often involves a fuel pump upgrade.

Edit 2: Is the picture of your fuel pump or is it a stock photo of the pump as per the guides that does not correspond?

Edited by TheClient

The picture is my fuel pump, I don't believe the car has been upgraded. 

I bought the car from a dealer although it does have a briskoda sticker on the bonnet so i believe it to be a members car.

this is the guide I've seen for the Mk2 VRS

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/142836-how-to-change-fuel-pump-cam-follower-on-2-0-tfsi/

The picture is my fuel pump, I don't believe the car has been upgraded. 

I bought the car from a dealer although it does have a briskoda sticker on the bonnet so i believe it to be a members car.

this is the guide I've seen for the Mk2 VRS

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/142836-how-to-change-fuel-pump-cam-follower-on-2-0-tfsi/

Your fuel pump is correct. Your engine is highly likely the correct item. The guide is not for your engine.

The guide is for the EA113 series engine also, often called, slightly confusingly TFSI. There are a number of differences but in the section showing the fuel pump you can see the follower is the same as the one I sent you in the video for assessing follower / cam lobe wear.

Yes, there is now a roller follower integrated, so that problem is not a problem. Unfortunately, there are some other issues with EA888, one of the most dramatic being the timing chain / tensioner issues.

Search in these forums or look at the sticky post for 1.8 / 2.0 Tsi engine failures at the top of these posts threads. There is loads of information on it. You have only 2 choices, risk it (and you may well be fine), or replace as maintenance items like you would a belt. 

Edited by TheClient

Yes, there is now a roller follower integrated, so that problem is not a problem. Unfortunately, there are some other issues with EA888, one of the most dramatic being the timing chain / tensioner issues.

Search in these forums or look at the sticky post for 1.8 / 2.0 Tsi engine failures at the top of these posts threads. There is loads of information on it. You have only 2 choices, risk it (and you may well be fine), or replace as maintenance items like you would a belt.

Yes I have been reading through the engine failures, deffinately need to look at tensioner/chain