Boot will not fully close

The boot shuts and locks but doesn't pull on tight electronically

How could I test it

Thanks

With the boot open but something like a screwdriver shaft into the latch on the lid to simulate the boot locking, watch to see what happens with the motor closing system. Sometime a pin on the closing system falls out and it wont pull down.

Checked the mechanism closes ok but doesn't do the last pull

But yesterday I went back to the car after work and boot lid was right in

I opened and closed it but still not pulling in

This morning it is working as it should

Very strange lol

I had the boot closure motor fail on my twin door, once the boot latches the motor pulls the boot shut by a toothed bar, the teeth had worn out on mine so the motor was just spinning and not getting a grip on the bar, theres a spring that pulls the machanism back when the boot is opened, As a quick fix I found removing the spring and pushing the mechanism in to the closed position made it possible to for the boot to catch in the fully closed position althought as its permanently in the closed position it does take a bit more of a slam when shutting. I did this as I was getting the boot open warning and need to sort it until I was able to get a replacement which as it was a couple of years ago I could only find through a car breaker search website although I beleive they maybe on certain auction website! Hope that helps.

post-95314-0-64598500-1477517494_thumb.jpg

Edited by yesman