Any issues to beware of - Fabia II Estate 1.2SE DSG (105bhp)

Hi guys, had a quick browse and couldnt see anything (feel free to direct me to links), but considering a low mileage fabia II estate 1.2 petrol auto.  Must be petrol and auto, so anything particular I need to look out for on this model ?  Will be looking about 2011/2/3 and sub 40K miles (ideally about 20k).

Is there a replaceable cambelt, if so whats the frequency/mileage for replacement ?

Any other known issues ?

Also, anyone know if its possible to retro-fit heated seats ?

I have had two mk1 Fabia's in years gone by, firstly a 1.4 8v in 2000, then a 2006 Fabia vRS (which was awesome).  The vRS only needed drop-links doing, oh and the turbo was replaced under warranty, not forgetting the wet rear door cards which I never solved.

tia

RBW.

N.B. This is the 'sort' of thing I'm looking for :

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610048408126?radius=1500&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=FABIA&sort=price-asc&maximum-mileage=35000&body-type=Estate&year-from=2012&fuel-type=Petrol&transmission=Automatic&make=SKODA&advertising-location=at_cars&postcode=ng26qw&page=1

Early Tsi engines did have cam chan issues. Search the forum of Google cam chain Tsi problems. Later models are supposedly sorted.

Check the history of pre 2013 cars as I believe there were mods if they were noises.

If it jumps a cog its very expensive.

Quite happy with my Tsi, although it's manual.

• Like 1

Yep DSGs are not 100% reliable. Check its had an oil and filter if its a wet clutch version. Fairly pricey around £250.

I'd want a warranty also, in case it goes bang.

It would not be a wet clutch version.

If it was a DSG it would be a 7 speed twin dry clutch, so the DQ200 which might be part of the Service Campaign started in May 2014.

This would have it getting the Synthetic Oil changed for Mineral & the Software Update which was and is Free Gratis. Skoda pays.

(The DQ200 was a Service Free Gearbox, sealed for life, not many issues with 1.2 TSI Fabia DSG, but some with Yeti 1.2TSI DSG (DQ200)

Skoda Warranty worth buying as the Manufacturers Warranty Expires or the one that comes with the car if there is one be sure the DSG is covered.