Door mirror variants

Some nice toerag decided to break off my near side mirror whilst parked outside my house on my 07 L&K Ocky last night.So I need a replacement one. However there seems to be a number of different types. so my questions are: -

Are all the electric mirrors heated?  

Do they all have the indicator repeater light inbuilt?

Is the memory/auto dip for reversing features in the mirror unit or the control unit? (If i need to might be able to resurrect the mirror motor unit from the old one).

As mentioned, the auto dimming mirror costs a fortune. At some point Skoda stopped fitting the auto dimming function on the passenger side mirror on the L&K to save cash (just the interior mirror and drivers side mirror dims). However I think it was later than your 2007 model......possibly when the face lift was introduced.  

All trim levels have the LED repeater lights in the mirror however the L&K also has puddle lights....not sure if other trim levels have these.....maybe the elegance also has them? Also I think the mirror motors in the L&K are memory motors........in that they feed back to the memory seat function so that the position of the mirrors are remembered with each seat memory preset. I only know this as the passenger memory motor in my L&K doesn't work properly.......it throws up a fault code in VCDS and won't remember position with seat memory.   

I agree with mike. I too would be looking at a salvage mirror unit. 

Many thanks for the reply's.

At that price I will try the breakers. I've had a couple of quotes from £30.00 upwards. I will look out for the black surround. If I can't find one at a reasonable price I will see if I can fit the motor from the broken one. Although I it did used to have a tantrum of not going back to the correct position after dipping when finished reversing!

Well I found one the right colour for £30. Unfortunately it was not the puddle light version as it only had 6 wires. However I managed to resurrect the internals from my original and get her sorted.

Thanks for all the help.

Well I found one the right colour for £30. Unfortunately it was not the puddle light version as it only had 6 wires. However I managed to resurrect the internals from my original and get her sorted.

Thanks for all the help.

Was that for an auto dimming version? If so it's a Bargain! 

No it was the bog standard electric mirror with 6 wires. Mine has 11 wires (i think) the motor connector was completely different.