Fabia Mk2 vRS Twincharger water pump part numbers. Supercharger Clutch.

Rooted

Symptoms & cost of parts if you find you are going to require a replacement Water Pump.

Some coolant loss over time. Only a very small loss over a few months.

Then EML on dash and in limp mode. 

Found to be faults relating to supercharger / boost pressure.

Supercharger clutch found to be defective.

Clutch is built into water pump.

(so new water pump & aux belt as this was not in great condition.)

03C121004JX Water pump  £156.39

03C121665  Seal ring           £4.70

03C145933A Ribbed belt      £8.83

03C260849A Ribbed belt      £27.69

G013A8JM1 Coolant             £9.64

...........£207.25 +Vat=£248.70.    Plus labour.

• Like 2

It had been my car but no longer.

6 years old and 64,000 miles that has had a hard life. 

An all original car as from the factory that now has the DSG Service Campaign carried out.

Running nicely again.

• Like 1

Not your problem then. To be honest I still worry sometimes about mine even though it's been 5 months since I sold it. I would hate it if something much more costly than the water pump went wrong and its current owner thought I've tricked him.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Offski, would this be a dealer only job? I think from memory someone paid £500 and another had to argue to get it down to £600. Dealer labour rates presumably.

I'm wondering if the best reason for going to the dealer (because it certainly wont be price) is to have the warranty on parts and workmanship should something go wrong?

PS. Looking at getting ours done due to age and mileage, not because we're seeing any coolant loss. The cooling fans do run on at the end of the journey however I'm putting that down to the strange thing called warm weather we're experiencing.

Edited by Sittingbull
  • Like 1

Cooling fans just due to the 'Scorchio' weather, no problem there.

I would say get done at Main Dealership.  *2 years original parts warranty, and labour guarantee / warranty.*

I paid other £600 because i approved 2 hours diagnostics & £85 plus VAT because the fault was not obvious and not diagnosed after 1 hour.

They took 90 minutes diagnostic time.   I had told them what was wrong when booking the car in to get the water pump & magnetic clutch for the supercharger replaced.

If no slight Coolant loss / drop and no engine light issues and going into limp mode i would not be worrying and just chill.... 

A nice Magners on a sunny Bank Holiday weekend...

See reference to 'Ingrams' Ayr.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/436155-2012-vrs-water-pump-leaking 

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/429228-fabia-mkii-vrs-water-pump-failed/?page=2 

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 26/10/2016 at 10:08, Roottoot said:

Symptoms & cost of parts if you find you are going to require a replacement Water Pump.

Some coolant loss over time. Only a very small loss over a few months.

Then EML on dash and in limp mode. 

Found to be faults relating to supercharger / boost pressure.

Supercharger clutch found to be defective.

Clutch is built into water pump.

(so new water pump & aux belt as this was not in great condition.)

03C121004JX Water pump  £156.39

03C121665  Seal ring           £4.70

03C145933A Ribbed belt      £8.83

03C260849A Ribbed belt      £27.69

G013A8JM1 Coolant             £9.64

...........£207.25 +Vat=£248.70.    Plus labour.

Thanks for this mate, would a sudden loss of most coolant and not drips over a long period still mean it could be the supercharger clutch? I’m hoping that’s all it is

• 9 months later...

I presume all part nos still relevant for waterpump, No EML light, but weird noises sounds like squeaky belts / pulleys. Slight steam rather than smoke coming from underneath. Coolant went below minimum yesterday for first time ever. 53k miles so this water pump has had a hard life at 11 years old. Booked in on Friday for tuning shop to look at properly. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the old water pump there is about 1.5mm of excessive play (that according to the tuning shop), did not exist in a brand new component. This is what is giving rattles and (squeaks). It is probably a part that wears slowly then fails suddenly.

• Like 1

never seen a new one, or old one to be honest, but that amount of play to me indicates it is def fubar.

I would expect minimal if any play on a rotating component / pump like that.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Kobayashi said:

Ok so had waterpump above in video replaced Feb 2021, done little mileage since then..now I'm suffering coolant loss again.. but no power issues / or noises. Could it just be coolant hose that's leaking somewhere? 

Could be an airlock working its way out ? 

On 25/11/2022 at 18:56, Kobayashi said:

I've unscrewed the gap minor air escape (very slight pressure) assume this is normal, coolant nice and pink no smells got to be something simple, my car loves doing this around Xmas time 🤦

Always believed that a lot of water pump issues are temp/weather related, changes in seasons. In the years owning mine the amount of water pumps that have went close or during winter are unreal. Possibly affecting the bearing.

Might be the pump that's gone again or as you said a leaky hose and your only losing coolant under load. Fire a bit of carboard under your car during the night to check for leaks and if there's nothing visible id suspect your losing it during momentum.

Head gaskets are so uncommon with these I wouldn't even consider it.

• Like 1