Sourcing replacement door locks

I am down to only the drivers door lock working now, have unplugged the other 3 so they can be locked unlocked manually. Has anyone on here replaced with after market ebay locks, were they reliable and do you have a link to a reliable source for the locks. I am aware that the solder breaking can be the issue and could be repaired but I would prefer to do a straight swop.

• Like 1

Available on ebay for less than £20.  Search "passat door lock"   Something like this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-Mk4-PASSAT-Mk5-FRONT-RIGHT-DRIVER-SIDE-CENTRAL-DOOR-LOCK-97-06-8-PIN-/171395732742?fits=Model%3APassat&hash=item27e7fb5506:g:o-0AAOSwsTxXkeok

I and many other have fitted cheap ones like this and found them perfectly reliable.

This forum and ukpassats.co.uk (need to sign up, but it's free) have plenty of info.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Tdi1.9, the Passat ones have slightly different part numbers but they should be a straight fit

Correct. They seem to be the same for Passats, Superbs, Golf mk4s.  Part numbers are frequently changed slightly because of minor updates.

• Like 2