things that niggle you about your yeti!

aernala

After reading all of the above I have a retort for all of them, but since this inst a debate thread, I won't.

Thinking hard about it, the only thing that catches me out is having the bonnet release lever on the passenger's side. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!

Oh, yeah, one other niggle. No clock visible to anybody other than the driver. I mean, seriously - there's a screen right there, it wouldn't take much to pop a small clock in one corner.

Edited by weasley

Thinking hard about it, the only thing that catches me out is having the bonnet release lever on the passenger's side. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME!!

Mentioning the bonnet lever has reminded me that just where the bonnet stay goes into it's clip, it's very close to the edge of the slam panel, and when I went to grab the bonnet stay I'd catch the bottom edge of the slam panel right under my finger nail . 

Not being too happy with the thought of multiple finger nail injuries, I proceeded to stick a piece of U-channel rubber over the panel edge, so no more chance of ripped-off finger nails for me, happy days  :sun:

post-146200-0-64449100-1477742954_thumb.jpg post-146200-0-90076800-1477742965_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

The stop/start function really bugs me; if it was "OFF" by default then no problem I could cheerfully ignore it.

I have a "Splitter" for connecting both my SatNav and Dash Camera and have routed the cables mostly out of the way so it's not a problem; I always remember to pull the splitter plug because the SatNav is lit up; I then close the SatNav and the cam turns itself off.

Great car though.

Kind regards, Col.

Oh, yeah, one other niggle. No clock visible to anybody other than the driver. I mean, seriously - there's a screen right there, it wouldn't take much to pop a small clock in one corner.

This has always been a bone of contention with my wife. Now, however, the new Bolero in my '66 1.2 Tsi SE now shows a clock in the upper centre of the screen. What will she find to complain about now I wonder? :sweat:  :giggle:

Fred 

• Like 2

This has always been a bone of contention with my wife. Now, however, the new Bolero in my '66 1.2 Tsi SE now shows a clock in the upper centre of the screen. What will she find to complain about now I wonder? :sweat:  :giggle:

Fred 

We could start another thread on this.

Colin

• Like 1

My niggle is with the sun visor, why put the cut out for pulling it down on the left side of the visor, being right handed my hand automatically goes to the right side of the visor and then I have to fiddle the thing to pull it down, would have been much better in the middle!! Also in this day and age why still put the 12v socket behind the gearlever/handbrake?, apart from that I love my first Yeti1

• Like 3

We all know what we love about our pride and joy but what about that little thing that just bugs you about the yeti?

The thing that bugs me is the steering wheel in my SE business edition.

2 things stand out. The ridge on the bottom half of the wheel really doesn't feel comfortable in my hands.

The other thing is the multi function steering wheel controls . I just feel that the radio/ media control should be on the right side with the other functions on the left.

Maybe it's just me !

Every thing else fine at the moment but maybe I'll find some other tiny things to niggle me!

Funny that you should mention the steering wheel controls.

I don't drive my TT very often but when we set off on a trip a few weeks ago I firstly went to the wrong side of the infotainment unit to turn it on and then scrolled through the menus rather than altering the volume!

Lots of controls are standard across the VWG vehicle range which makes driving different ones easy e.g. loan cars, so why not the MFSW controls?

Otherwise not many niggles, as mentioned the odd rattle, lack of 6 gears on the 110 diesel FWD and the rear seats.

agreed. Central arm rest is totally useless. Your elbow would need to be 3 foot from your shoulder

I find the arm rest is fine if you put it on its highest setting and pull it forward.

I agree that the steering wheel would benefit from more reach adjustment.

The other thing that really annoys me is the inability to adjust the speed readout to MPH

What really bugs me is the built in satnav telling me to 'keep on this road for a long time'.

Surely the time is relative to my speed, I would much prefer it if it told me for how many miles.

• Like 3

Trying to Turn off the traffic announcements when it comes up on the screen for a location hundreds of miles away,yes I know I can turn them off permanently but they can be very useful when incidents occur on the motorways it's just that having to glance from the road and sometimes multi dabbing with the finger on the screen to remove it.

• Like 1

The tyre pressure monitor, the vague, one of your tyres is losing pressure.

Guess which one! when other Skoda models have a schematic which shows

which actual one is losing pressure.

The absence of a stone guard for the air con radiator, a rather expensive

item to replace at £500

A friend and his son in law run Yeti's and they laughed at my heath robinson guards

I took a stick and pointed out the clear pathway through the grill to the air con rad

they had guards fitted p.d.q.

The hesitant mirror folding.

The crappy interior mirror.

The unprotected bumper area at the rear loading area.

Edited by gumdrop

Minor niggles:

3. Needs a 12V/USB outlet on dash (in dash top box?) to power SatNavs, cameras etc. Save having leads trailing over gear knob etc.

Has yours not got one?

2014-02-01%2012.06.14.jpg

My niggle is with the sun visor, why put the cut out for pulling it down on the left side of the visor, being right handed my hand automatically goes to the right side of the visor and then I have to fiddle the thing to pull it down,

Agreed, - I can see I'm going to get a worn patch on the headlining where I keep trying to pull the visor down with my right hand...

My niggle is with the sun visor, why put the cut out for pulling it down on the left side of the visor, being right handed my hand automatically goes to the right side of the visor and then I have to fiddle the thing to pull it down,

Agreed, - I can see I'm going to get a worn patch on the headlining where I keep trying to pull the visor down with my right hand...

Some will never learn  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

My niggle with the sun visor is that when fully down for a really low sun it's nowhere near level.

That is a blatant design error, covering 15mm less towards the sides of the car.

Hi,

Badges which are fiddly to clean whilst washing the Yeti. Exhaust tailpipe ends which are razor sharp. Recessed wheel nut area difficult to keep clean; why not fit plastic caps making the recess flush allowing a simple wipe over. I've just washed our Yeti and after dinner will polish it whilst the weather remains mild.

Three year manufacturer's warranty; don't Skoda have any faith in their product. Hyundai five years; Kia seven years?

No spare wheel as standard.

Our Garmin SatNav tells us we are "Driving on road"?

It says a lot about our Yeti when I've got to really think if there are indeed any niggles and such as the above is all I can come up with.  :angel:

Kind regards, Col.

Funny that you should mention the steering wheel controls.

I don't drive my TT very often but when we set off on a trip a few weeks ago I firstly went to the wrong side of the infotainment unit to turn it on and then scrolled through the menus rather than altering the volume!

Lots of controls are standard across the VWG vehicle range which makes driving different ones easy e.g. loan cars, so why not the MFSW controls?

Otherwise not many niggles, as mentioned the odd rattle, lack of 6 gears on the 110 diesel FWD and the rear seats.

thinking that's where I got used to the radio/ volume control on the right.Audi A6 ? Are all Audi 's right side?

How do you set up in Maxidot to show clock in main radio screen? I can't find the settings.

It's not on Maxidot it's on the main screen

from memory.

Menu

System

System Setup

Screen

Show clock in standby mode.

On mine when infotainment screen is on it shows time and temperature at the top.

Edited by Urrell
  • Like 1

Expatman:- go to Screen Settings in Bolero radio system Page 14 Bolero Instruction Manual the fifth setting

will allow the clock to be shown on the main scfreen when the Bolero is switched off but ignition on.

Fred 

Same here Fred, she was always asking "what's the temperature outside"? "what's the time"?

Luckily, on the Amundson2 you get both on the screen! We travel in silence now :party:  

• Like 2