So what comes as standard on a vRS?

SkodaCB

Hi guys, I've ordered a vRS and as good as the forums are, it's hard to get exactly what is standard on a Irish spec vRS. Mine will be the 2.0 diesel with the only extra being the black pack.

So you spent thousands of Euro on a new car you don't have a detailed spec on?!! Brave move and enjoy it when it lands, you can't beat that new car feeling :)

Try here:

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/pricelists/Octavia_October%202016.pdf

There's a list of standard kit in that document. I've no idea how accurate it is but since you've already pulled the trigger...

So you spent thousands of Euro on a new car you don't have a detailed spec on?!! Brave move and enjoy it when it lands, you can't beat that new car feeling :)

Try here:

http://www.skoda.ie/brochures/Documents/pricelists/Octavia_October%202016.pdf

There's a list of standard kit in that document. I've no idea how accurate it is but since you've already pulled the trigger...

I wouldn't completely trust the Skoda Ireland website TBH.  As an example, the spec on the Superb I just ordered (according to the dealer's system) versus the website certainly had a few differences.  I was also looking to spec a 1.0 TSI Octavia a few days ago and I came across a few anomalies on the Octavia section too where spec on the online brochure was different to what the dealers had in their brochures so just double check before relying on it completely.

I wouldn't completely trust the Skoda Ireland website TBH. As an example, the spec on the Superb I just ordered (according to the dealer's system) versus the website certainly had a few differences. I was also looking to spec a 1.0 TSI Octavia a few days ago and I came across a few anomalies on the Octavia section too where spec on the online brochure was different to what the dealers had in their brochures so just double check before relying on it completely.

That's exactly why I was hoping someone would be help me out. All I really want know is whether smart link comes as standard, the brochure mentions it for the RS & L&K versions however it's shown as optional equipment on L&K spec.

Also wanted to see if ILA module is fitted but not switched on as I can get someone to turn that option on via VCDS.

I'd ring the dealer and ask them to put it in writing what is spec and what's not, I was told mine would have an alarm and the brochure said it would ...and no it never so that was another 400 euro to have one fitted!!!

• Like 1

That's exactly why I was hoping someone would be help me out. All I really want know is whether smart link comes as standard, the brochure mentions it for the RS & L&K versions however it's shown as optional equipment on L&K spec.

Also wanted to see if ILA module is fitted but not switched on as I can get someone to turn that option on via VCDS.

What did they tell you in Corbett's about those items?  Did they have access to the 'official' configurator which should confirm?  I agree with Kit above - get it in writing from them

• Administrators

Problem is, nothing is right at any time. The only thing you know is what you ordered.

Ok, so a product manager will sit down and design the car for the market, ok that with production. This is why you see regional variations in whats available, from engine to suspension.

Then the glossy print folks get a "this is what we're building" spec and produce a glossy magazine.

Then they take orders... meanwhile a factory process fails or they discover that there is a global shortage on iphone adapters so that option is removed from the ordering process.

Websites, magazines are now all way behind. So when you order, you might not get the standard feature as advertised... you may also get more :)

Classic was the octy RS MK III didn't come with mudflaps from like the opening order bell. Then 6 months later there is a global surplus of iphone adapters all of a sudden they are standard in the boot, rear eat and drivers well....

So sadly it's whatever was on the ordering system that day... now all that said, there is no harm in asking ;)

I've been banging my head against options and pricing for months now. Everytime I check my local prices they have changed or something is missing that was available. A while back the skoda website configurator was chucking out different prices to the dealer ordering system... qed the only one that is the truth is the one in front of the dealer, when he clicks submit or muhwhaa ca-ching button.

:) Enjoy the car. Either way it's a nice problem to have :)

• Like 2