Another one ordered

I have finally taken the plunge. I had been thinking of a 1.4TSi SEL Exec estate, but decided that I wanted DSG and didn't want the dry clutch 7 speed box. So have plumped for a 220TSI SEL Exec having driven the demonstrator at my local dealer. It'll be Corrida Red (I like red and blue cars) and will have the following extras:

Spare wheel

Front parking sensors

Heated washer nozzles

Heated windscreen

Heated rear seats.

One accessory I had planned to specify was the colour Maxidot, then the test drive didn't have it and I didn't miss it. Also have not specified the auto release of the luggage area cover. Current car has it and I find it a nuisance. The thing I'll miss is the rails in the luggage area with the retractable strap.

Forecast delivery end Jan/early Feb 2017. Excellent deal and service from local dealer (matched best internet offer).

• Like 2

I have the 1.4tsi DSG Estate-dry clutch and all, having owned for 10 years a VW Passat 2.0l DSG diesel with the 6 speed wet clutch. That car is still going strong after 130k miles. Let's hope the dry clutch unit does as well in the Superb

I specified your first four options plus the colour maxidot and paddles and all have been useful.

You can also choose to have the boot cover retract half-way by ticking the option in the car menu although you may prefer to leave it unretracted.

Take my advice. For the extra few quid for the colour Maxidot it's mad not to have it.

Yeah and as above. Same applies to the paddles. If you don't have em you will wish you had.

Edited by Nick_H
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I did resist. I don't want or need paddles, but each to his or her own! I have colour maxidot in a Seat and see no point, and I have the retractable boot cover in my current car which is always in the wrong place!!

Anyway, my dealer rang today to say it's due to be built the week before Christmas with deliver sometime in January 2017

Edited by 100andthirty
  • Like 1

I have finally taken the plunge. I had been thinking of a 1.4TSi SEL Exec estate, but decided that I wanted DSG and didn't want the dry clutch 7 speed box. So have plumped for a 220TSI SEL Exec having driven the demonstrator at my local dealer. It'll be Corrida Red (I like red and blue cars) and will have the following extras:

Spare wheel

Front parking sensors

Heated washer nozzles

Heated windscreen

Heated rear seats.

One accessory I had planned to specify was the colour Maxidot, then the test drive didn't have it and I didn't miss it. Also have not specified the auto release of the luggage area cover. Current car has it and I find it a nuisance. The thing I'll miss is the rails in the luggage area with the retractable strap.

Forecast delivery end Jan/early Feb 2017. Excellent deal and service from local dealer (matched best internet offer).

Totally agree on the auto retractable luggage cover, complete waste of money!

Thanks for all the feedback and suggestions. I did resist. I don't want or need paddles, but each to his or her own! I have colour maxidot in a Seat and see no point, and I have the retractable boot cover in my current car which is always in the wrong place!!

Anyway, my dealer rang today to say it's due to be built the week before Christmas with deliver sometime in January 2017

Have you actually driven a DSG car with paddles?  The DSG suffers from the same shortcoming as all auto boxes - it reacts to what is happening NOW not to what is ABOUT to happen.  The paddles enable you to force a gear change just before it is needed.  I always use the paddles when overtaking so that I don't need to use kick-down - so passengers have a smoother ride and I gain a faster overtake.

Remember that the paddles are not just for use when using manual mode but to over-ride or force a gear selection when you want it.

• 1 month later...

Tomorrow is the day....... I was told it had arrived at Emden before Christmas and it was at the dealer at the beginning of last week but I put off delivery to coincide with my birthday. I think that was a good decision - but no use worrying now! I have seen it and it looks really good......a lot of red!

Tomorrow is the day....... I was told it had arrived at Emden before Christmas and it was at the dealer at the beginning of last week but I put off delivery to coincide with my birthday. I think that was a good decision - but no use worrying now! I have seen it and it looks really good......a lot of red!

That was quick ! well from this side anyway !

RickTT  It was ordered end October and delivered to the dealer on 6th Jan.

Anyway, I collected it today and am really pleased. Now need a hot towel to get to grips with all the various settings even without getting involved (yet) with VCDS.

• Like 1

I've covered just 300 miles so far. It's an awesome beast. I'm sure I've not done more than skim the surface of its performance. I've never had a car, petrol or diesel where the engine turns at less than 2000 rpm for the legal motorway speed limit, and with almost a brush on the throttle, it will get to way in excess of the speed limit! Best fuel consumption so far is 35mpg, but with only 300 miles on the clock, that's not unreasonable.

The toys are fantastic; albums on the SD card are laid out as though they were on iTunes, rather than the folder layout I've had on previous cars, and on the recent frosty days, the heated screens (front and rear) and the seats are fantastic as is the speed I get heat from the heater.

There's more fiddling to get the satnav as I like it - when it gets warmer! Also I have experimented with AndroidAuto and it works. now I need to think of an excuse to use it as I already have all my music and a good sat nav on the car!

The only down side I've noticed is that there seems to be more road noise on course surfaces than on my old Superb - but perhaps that's related to the lack of any apparent sound from the engine at cruising speed!