2013 Roomster 'Family', 1.2 TSI DSG

WAUOla

After having ran the old mk2 Golf for quite a while as my daily '95 Polo suffered a leaky sump gasket, we really started seeing the need of a seconday baby carrier / MPV.

Looking for a Touran, we really suffered due our demand for a petrol car (Oslo is moving towards having additional fees for TDIs, we're having none of that), and we have been so happy with the Octy 3 TSI + DSG combo.

One day my girlfriend asked about the Roomster and what that was. From my days at Skoda dealership I ofcourse knew the model well, but never thought of it. So that is many years ago, and we started looking. Seeing the ads, we finally found this car, a 10 min drive at a dealership (far up north) whewre my girlfriend grew up. So while I was away doing work in Sweden (riding RIBs in the archipelago), she bought it.

2013 Roomster (late 2012)

1.2 TSI 105hp, DSG 7-speed

'Family' trim/package (Scout plastic, special cloth, Climatronic, MDI, 8 speakers, parking sensor,...)

GSM-II w/o phone cradle

Amundsen+

15" winters in the "Scout" design

15" ugly buble spokes-style  summers

So overall, this meant a rather nice functional purchase. By accident googline Roomster, I also found old data from dealership listing the car £2 grand above our starting price.

Sadly, they were to mount a dismountable tow bar etc at an split price, but it didn't make it there in time before we got parents in law to pick it up coming down for a visit.

Also, I found out they advertised it with cruise control, so they will have to cover the dealership upgrade down here, sadly. I say sadly, as the purchase and all was great in all aspects.

In the mean time, I've simply enjoyed this actually rather nifty little daily, putting some Nightbreakers and Diadems on it. The DE-lenses seems a little dirty, and I suspect this is due dirt and condence in the headlamps (seen on ads for the car). Found bluevision W5Ws in there already so... :D MDI was $11 from Australia, so it made sense too, if we want something "integrated" to power up our iPhones. If anything, I miss having power windows at the rear too, as we're doing Sonniboys on t his one too, and that is a really great combo of functinality with toddlers in the rear.

20161015-skiltplater.jpg

20161015-interi%C3%B8r.jpg

20161015-family.jpg

20161015-amundsen+.jpg

20161020-diadem.jpg

• Like 2

By the way, I've noticed a warning when killing the ignition.

"Please check deadlock in manual" etc.

What the heck is that? I have a Norwegian setup car (and manual), but this message is in english somehow.

Our 2014 roomster also has a locking message, I think it is slightly different depending on if car is set to drivers door only unlock or all doors unlock on one button. I think it is a reminder, sometimes the car will lock itself up after about 30 seconds if no door is opened.

In the UK was a short lived model called SE plus which included climatronic and steering wheel controls.

We think it is a great little car, very useful space, light in the back (ours has panoramic glass roof). It is easy to park in city as it is short. Still have no idea what we will replace it with. Finding a smallish petrol auto with loads of room is not easy.

Edited by SurreyJohn

I hear you... functionality of urban living is just brilliant in these ones.

Don't get me wrong, I love the quality of the Octy 3 when driving it...but getting to work, I actually prefer just jumping into the Roomster. :D

Thansk for the heads up, I too suspect it just being a warning. Wasn't sure it related to putting the car in parking before leaving it etc, or doors or steering wheel. Who knows.

But indeed there is the auto lock on time, I can confirm that.

• 1 month later...

Minor things happening with the car.

Yesterday we finally had the work with removable tow bar completed (our delay), so that is nice. When purchasing the car, it was advertised including cruise control, not to be seen, so this was also installed and programmed.

20170119-cc.jpg

Slightly tall and wide step-ins into the car, and the paintwork showed clear signs of this usage pattern. I've alsways fancied the OEM items with alloy to them, but this is a all black interior, making me opt for the black pasltic ones. Did use clearcoat to seal off damages, and ran polishing prior to that.

20170119-terskellister.jpg

Due having the VAS equipment out for all of this, I requested they programmed the button back lighting to be always on. That was a no can do apparently, but possibly doable through VAG-COM.

Went back today and grabbed a pair of 5N0 941 607 which are the 85mm Hella 153 874 dust covers, due making a swappable setup with xenon kit. Really hope this flies with no hassle.

Edited by WAUOla