EU referendum/Brexit discussion - Part 2

john999boy

10 hours ago, Ryeman said:

I certainly wouldn’t be paying him for professional services if he has that many distractions.

Sitting in your underwear in your caravan in the high country; I doubt you could afford him.

3 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

Sitting in your underwear in your caravan in the high country; I doubt you could afford him.

Ahhhh, now I know what an ‘internet warrior’ is.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skoda_newby said:

Studies have found that glyphosate-based herbicides can interfere with various organs and biochemical pathways in mammals. Genotoxicity and endocrine disruption also lead to chronic health and developmental effects. It causes imbalances in gut bacteria and some studies have found that glyphosate appears to accumulate in human cells. At low concentrations it damages liver, kidney and skin cells and long term effects include cancer, infertility, pregnancy problems, birth defects and respiratory diseases. Read more about the effects of pesticides on our health here

Just as well Trundlenut tells us they’ve watered it down now to make it safe. The increase  in the effects of its use on the population must be a coincident.  At least Bayer can continue to profit because the EU says it’s safe despite what the rest of the world says.

€ versus public health, € wins every time. Makes you wonder why EU treats health care as a commercial service, more €!

27 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Just as well Trundlenut tells us they’ve watered it down now to make it safe. The increase  in the effects of its use on the population must be a coincident.  At least Bayer can continue to profit because the EU says it’s safe despite what the rest of the world says.

€ versus public health, € wins every time. Makes you wonder why EU treats health care as a commercial service, more €!

Quick question; why are you blaming the EU for UK farmers continuing use of glyphosphates?
You do realise that if the UK wanted to it could actually ban the use of them, don't you?

1 hour ago, CWARD said:

@181ce no one said the U.K. was perfect but not as clearly in the pocket of big business like the EU.

You should ask those in the City of London who's in the pocket of big business.
Trillions of pounds spirited away to the Cayman's and other dirty offshore banks. Money which belongs to 'nobody'.

Have a watch of a film called The Spider's Web 

Most countries are going against the use of glyphosate already. The EU and it’s supporters puts itself on a pedestal of being for the protection of the people and the environment. In reality it’s no better than the US where business and profits come first. Glyphosate is just one ridiculous example of EU corruption. Chicken tumbling is another where it doesn’t benefit the consumer but the business. 

Pretty pointless telling us how great the EU is at protecting us and selling scare stories that once we leave we’ll be at the mercy of dodgy US practices when reality is they’re no better or worse than each other.   

11 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

You should ask those in the City of London who's in the pocket of big business.
Trillions of pounds spirited away to the Cayman's and other dirty offshore banks. Money which belongs to 'nobody'.

Have a watch of a film called The Spider's Web 

Who’d have thought that bankers were dodgy!

https://www.taxjustice.net/2016/03/16/following-the-money-french-banks-activities-in-tax-havens/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-takes-on-russias-favorite-money-haven-cyprus-1538316001

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46382722

Looks like EU bankers are just as bad as any other banker. 

6 minutes ago, KenONeill said:

Someone who sits in a caravan half-way round the World and uses web links as a rhetoric device! ;)

Err I’m not sure I understand what this caravan obsession is all about.

I can recommend being on the other side of the world for being able to see the trees however.

• Like 1

• Chris locked this topic